I'm Just Going to Leave This Here

Now that is very cool indeed. I imagine it will also work as a midi controller for the AxeFX. I am sure that's been brought up already but I just got to the thread :)

With the FX8 being $1350, there is no way the AX8 will be less than $1499! I'm guessing anywhere from $1499-$1699 is the sweet spot.

Anyone thinking the AX8 will come in under the FX8 price point is coo coo for cocoa puffs.......Fractal are not going for Line6 $500 market share. Anybody they can get to "step up" from Line6 or Amplifire will be gravy........They are going after the Kemper buyer!

The all in one AX8 at say $1599 retail, would be about $1000 below what someone can get the KPA+upcoming foot controller(Profiler Remote) for! KPA$1980/Profiler Remote$599............Kemper sales will be affected for sure even if the AX8 is $1699-$1799.

Your serve KPA! lol

I like the green leds easier to see and very Jedi
That's probably because I left the non-glowing dots bright.
Here's an update with dimmed down non-lit leds (if that makes sense). The jpg is so small it's hard to read. But I imagine in real it would look good in white. :)
AX8_whiter.jpg

Lol this announcement is like dropping chum in a tank full of starving sharks and watching them go full frenzy...:eek:

Very cool unit!! Definitely what a lot of people have been waiting for...congrats on the new addition to the roster. Am already thinking that I'll get one at some point...would be a great, convenient grab-and-go rig.

Welp..

This seems pretty much to cover every use I would need and currently use my XL for, and is ultra portable and convenient. Sign me up! :)

With the FX8 being $1350, there is no way the AX8 will be less than $1499! I'm guessing anywhere from $1499-$1699 is the sweet spot.

Anyone thinking the AX8 will come in under the FX8 price point is coo coo for cocoa puffs.......Fractal are not going for Line6 $500 market share. Anybody they can get to "step up" from Line6 or Amplifire will be gravy........They are going after the Kemper buyer!

The all in one AX8 at say $1599 retail, would be about $1000 below what someone can get the KPA+upcoming foot controller(Profiler Remote) for! KPA$1980/Profiler Remote$599............Kemper sales will be affected for sure even if the AX8 is $1699-$1799.

Your serve KPA! lol

Well I was just gonna say that Cliff said it will be at aggressive price, which in my mind meant it was going to be aggressive towards PODS and GT and Eleven racks and stuff, but I never thought about Kemper aggressive :) On the other hand if it was 1800, AXE II is 2200 USD, with FCB1010 with EUREKAPROM is 2450 total. it is 600 USD difference, but also quite a big difference in functionality. And Cliff - being the enterpreneur he is - is probably aiming for more than just Kemper market share :) I don´t know what DSP chip is FX8 using, but if the cost of parts will be driven down even on par with POD HD (quality wise I mean - POD still seems to be pretty good even in terms of quality - at least I never had any issues with my XL live, or BOSS GT10 and I handled them quite roughly I would say), THEN it could be a serious upgrade for longtime users of "average" modellers.

Anyway, but that is just pure speculation, because I really know nothing about market and aggressive :)

So... where do I slide my credit card? I don't see it... cost? I don't care. This will be the greatest rehearsal tool. I have been wanting this for some time.

Put me on the list!

Just take my money, take all my money while you're at it why don't you.....Why do you have to make such bloody desirable products!!!

AX8.jpg

I will not be answering any questions at this time. I'll let you all speculate wildly and occasionally I'll come in here for a chuckle.

What an evil, sadistic, prick teasin little fuck... did you sit up all night thinkin this one up? ;)

I'd like to see a version of this with 2 integrated expression pedals...

Last edited:
The mention of 'aggressively priced' makes me think it may be in the same ballpark as the FX8. Everyone is assuming it will be more expensive since it also does amp models, but that's all software. Think about the hardware differences. Its assumed the FX8 is using one Sharc processor, where the AX8 will use two lower-powered (and thus less expensive) processors. Apart from that, they appear to be using the same case and probably all the other hardware is the same too.

So saying FX8 is effects and AX8 is amps and effects is a bit misleading... AX8 would actually being doing amps and some effects, as cliff said some will be removed (and also only one cab block and one amp block).

I think people are underestimating how much less flexible it may be compared to the II/XL. If you're running into CPU problems now, you certainly would need to rework a lot to use an AX8. I think we also take our dual cab blocks for granted sometimes. Cliff said;

It won't be able to do two amps or two cabs.

which makes me think no stereo cab block... mono only.

Do all what is possible to keep it under 7kg and I'll be your client. Great news. Congratulations. Will start to save some bucks.

Being a real hater of the rather overused word "AWESOME" (to describe even the mediocre now!), I just have to use this word in its proper context when it comes to this. AWESOME! Will definitely have to look at this as a backup for my Axe. Dang this looks fabulous!

Back
Top Bottom