I'm Just Going to Leave This Here

Since I don't have the budget at church for an Axe-fx II XL and MFC (my yearly budget for all things musical is 5 grand), I am feeling like this is gonna be PERFECT! Especially if I can take presets from my Axe-fx II XL at home and import to the AX8:encouragement:

Very cool!

I'm not in the market for this, as I prefer the Kemper for amps. But dayum if I want the FX8!

I think having all these options is brilliant, and the AX8 looks killer!

I just upgraded from an Ultra to a XL with MFC. I hope this is quite some months away........I'm not sure I get sneak one more piece of gear past my wife. I don't think she'll buy "Nah, I've had this for a while. You just musta missed it hidden by all the band room clutter." Plus, the UPS guy told me when he brought my MFC the other day that this is absolutely the last time he lets me flag him down and take delivery at the entrance to my neighborhood instead of my front door...... ;)

Can it be shipped to a PO Box? Just thinkin ahead is all.

Cool. This is very much likely to get purchased by me if it becomes a real thing, and in this calendar year. I liked the FX8 too, but this is way more in line with what I'd want from what is "official" so far.

The only downside is i will not sleep till i get this. Cliff, can you tell me approx how long this torture will last?

Will there be a dedicated editor for it (ax8-Edit), a la fx8-Edit?
I suppose presets from axe-II or axe-II XL won't be transferrable to the ax8?

Last edited:
Ok.........so we can copy individual "blocks" over to the AX8 from our II's/XL's but not whole preset/patches! I was confused about how what I was thinking it said could possible work, but read it again & see that it's just blocks.......

Ok.........so we can copy individual "blocks" over to the AX8 from our II's/XL's but not whole preset/patches! I was confused about how what I was thinking it said could possible work, but read it again & see that it's just blocks.......

Yes you're probably right. But say you want to use a block from an XL preset, will you be able to read an XL preset without having an XL rack?

Why would it lower the cost of the MFC? One has nothing to do with the other, two totally different beasts.

AX8.jpg

I will not be answering any questions at this time. I'll let you all speculate wildly and occasionally I'll come in here for a chuckle.

Congratulations Cliff and FAS on the birth of Proteus, your brand new healthy bouncing baby AX8 prototype! :stupid:

Back
Top Bottom