I'm Just Going to Leave This Here

Inevitable.

I hope everyone calms down about the concept of an AFX 3 unit that will make our current hardware obsolete.... If you read between the lines, the public announcement of G3 and the AX8 were done in such close succession, its obvious that the AX8 will be running G3. From a marketing standpoint, A new piece of hardware is needed to propel the new firmware to the masses. That and everyone has been clamoring for a 'budget minded' unit. Enter the AX8.

Since the XL, Mark 1/2 and (i'm assuming) AX8 are all capable of running G3, I think G3 is the firmware of the future, and that our AFX2's are not going to be made obsolete anytime soon.

I love it that the guy who has to fend off endless speculation doesn't mind stirring the pot himself from time to time. Well played, well played.

Having said that, please put me on the waiting list. :)

I was just thinking that! Also, Cliff could you give us a ballpark price for this? :D

Just when I thought I was done spending money...

Oh, who am i kidding? Are any of us ever done spending money?? :)

I think it looks very cool. Can't wait to hear the details on it.

I have a feeling he's going to let us speculate for three months, then show us the back. Then another three months and we will see in one of Cooper Carters video on the shelf behind him and then Larry Mitchell will floor us with awesome playing showing how the Blues jr sounds with a dotted 8th delay. By then I'll have enough money saved to buy it and use it every weekend at CHURCH. And then I won't have to stay until the last service ends, because I can just pick it up and walk off the stage.

Thanks fractal, for making me want to spend my money on you.

My thought was along the fun with photoshop line, but just in case I better put my hand up for the wait list as well!

I like the looks of this. Simple layout w/ FX send. Easily portable. Makes a lot of sense for most of the shows I play. Would easily interface with my other pedals too in this format. Looking forward to watching the product develop!

If I could use fast link to connect with my Axe-fx II, that would be incredibly useful. Three amps at once, would be really cool. Plus if it could change my presets on the axe-fx I would be all set.

It looks like something you REALLY don't want someone to spill a beer on at a gig....

I never bought that argument. There's plenty of guys that have well over 2K in boutique pedals on their board... Plus, I don't play anywhere that serves alcohol. I'll definitely be very interested in one of these!

Back
Top Bottom