I'm interviewing Mark Day tonight

Post your questions below if interested. I have a fairly comprehensive list already and Mark's a busy man so I may not even have the time to ask them, but I'll try my best to throw in a few good ones from the forum. For those wondering, Mark is doing me a real solid here as this is for a class at Berklee Online. I'm not a pro journalist by any stretch.

If you don't already have them..

Favorite guitar body style.
Favorite woods (body, neck, fretboard)
Favorite fret material and size
Favorite pickups
What got him into playing
Favorite riff of all time
Hardest part about being a FAS employee because its got to be tough playing guitar and tweaking your axe all day and being a badass guitar player.
Tell us how he developed his technique for keeping everything so quiet and tight with such high amounts of gain!:encouragement:

Edit: Can we get secret shots of Cliff's amp room so we can see that mighty collection since there have never been any posted? :D

Why are Canadians so overly polite? Can this really be genuine? What are they hiding?

What's your reason for leaving Rack Systems/Tone Merchants? Seemed like your dream job, plus you were in sunny California & not the frozen tundra you are in now.....

-We all know the struggle that comes with setting up presets at home, then they don't translate well at the gig due to a variety of reasons. What steps do you take to ensure that the presets you set up at home sound great at gig volume at the gig? ie: Do you tweak presets at home at gig volume? Do you use corrective EQ's or IR's to get closer to a flat response? What steps do you take?

Describe how you took a cheap MIM Strat and what you did to turn it into a Mark Day Shread Machine - The one you had at Axe Fest at Van Nuys, CA.

One of the struggles I've had since using the AxeFX, is regarding the choice of cab (FRFR vs traditional guitar cab vs neutral-sounding guitar speakers (ie. Matrix NL212), etc.). I hear him and so many guys getting these amazing tones and they discuss a lot about how they're tweaking presets, but never really get into the cab they're using and how they tweak things to make it sound the best.

I would also be interested in his techniques to keep his high-gain tones so quiet (as previously mentioned), how he goes about learning songs accurately and leveling things out to sound good in all scenarios.

I look forward to this interview. I'm sure it'll be very informative. :)

I concur about what his views are re amplifying the Axe for small gigs. What woudl he do if it was a backline only gig - use real cab or FRFR cab?

Why are Canadians so overly polite? Can this really be genuine? What are they hiding?

What's your reason for leaving Rack Systems/Tone Merchants? Seemed like your dream job, plus you were in sunny California & not the frozen tundra you are in now.....

temp thread derail.....sorry

The Incredibly Polite Canadian News Team !!

Back
Top Bottom