I'm in X Factor Lithuania

Awesome cover. The "idiot" persona helped you surprise the judges and made you stand out.

If you do another appearance, I hope you play the guitar too.

I actually did play guitar in the next tour.
The whole point of the next tour was this:
They give you a song. You have to learn the lyrics and to sing it in about two hours. Even if you don't like the song, or it's not for your voice, you have to make it work. Bonus if you are creative with it.

So... They gave me this very primitive, old classic Lithuanian rock song (Hiperbolė - Išgalvotas gyvenimas).
I get that it's a classic, but I really don't like this song. There really isn't a good way to display any vocal skills with it and it's boring...
So... I figured, at least I'd make my performance stand out. Had my Drop-A 7 string guitar, and a crunchy Axe FX 2 patch and off I went with a distorted voice and down-tuned-power-chords. To put it shortly: This was really ridiculous, and I'm not very happy with the result, but the judges found it hilarious and it was really memorable. I successfully passed to the third tour, where they'll select the final 12 people to go to the Live finals.

I don't think the second tour will be on youtube, as they cramped the whole second tour into ~15 minutes of footage. There isn't much to show, as all contestants sang the same few songs...

I successfully passed to the third tour, where they'll select the final 12 people to go to the Live finals.

I don't think the second tour will be on youtube, as they cramped the whole second tour into ~15 minutes of footage. There isn't much to show, as all contestants sang the same few songs...

Good luck. If any other videos get posted, please let us know.

Great job, man. Cool stuff, and I like that you were having fun with it all the way through.

Palikti jungiklį įjungtą! (Hope that says what I think it says!)

Great performance!

Did you record the backing track yourself?

I didn't.
Found the authentic sounding backtrack online.

Btw, a third party has uploaded the next full episode where I have performed.

This upload will likely be copyright claimed soon.
Till then, You can find me doing the Lithuanian song ~1:39:00

Hey there.
So, I was voted out of X factor on the third series in the finals.
Here are all the performances.

Chairs:

1st in the finals:

2nd in the finals:

3rd in the finals:

Didn't do well in the finals. I am not happy with any of my performances. There was always something off... I think, what I experienced was this "Red light fever" like thing. Wasn't fear, but more like adrenaline i felt in my chest area and I couldn't concentrate...
Anyway, considering I tottaly screwed the "Sound of silence" one. (Was really off pitch at the beginning) I deserved to leave X factor then.
But hey, life goes on.

I've rerecorded "Sound of silence" to the best of my ability here:

Thanks for sharing this Paulius, very cool you got as far as you did, hope it opens some new doors for you in future, or at least gets you hot action by some adoring fans. .......🤘

Our local talent shows turn out to be rather bad for the winners. They win, produce one single with sometimes mediocre success and are back to where they started after the industry had its share. The ones on 2nd or 3rd place usually are better of because afaik they're not tied to contracts with the show producer and are sometimes hired by real bands instead of this casting BS. All the best to you, Pauly. Rock on !

Our local talent shows turn out to be rather bad for the winners. They win, produce one single with sometimes mediocre success and are back to where they started after the industry had its share. The ones on 2nd or 3rd place usually are better of because afaik they're not tied to contracts with the show producer and are sometimes hired by real bands instead of this casting BS. All the best to you, Pauly. Rock on !

I really don't care that I didn't win. I didn't expect to. My opponents are, like, super talented people.
The only thing I'm bummed about is that I'm disappointed with all three of my performances in the live finals.
As radiohead sang "The best you can do is good enough". This wasn't the best I can do. It's not good enough.
Though, there are a few X factor Lithuania winners that really became successful, you are right. It isn't necessarily the winner that becomes a star. It's the person (or band) that keeps on working and climbing up, instead of just sleeping on 15 minutes of fame. That is why I'm ready to do the best I can do to stay relevant. Well, at least, I want to release some vocal covers every once in a while... Maybe some more mainstream personal originals, along side my metal and rock projects... I'll see what I can do.

I'd say you had a great run, Paulius! You may have not been satisfied with your performances, but rest assured that 99.9% of the people out there would not have been able to do as well. Wishing you much success in the future. 👍

Anyway, considering I tottaly screwed the "Sound of silence" one. (Was really off pitch at the beginning) I deserved to leave X factor then.
But hey, life goes on.

I've rerecorded "Sound of silence" to the best of my ability here:...
I love the begining of S.o.S in the final! You made it in your own way! Then you screw something, goes off pitch serching for a lower key.
The first part of rerecorded... I think your chest voice doesn't match with your resonance... you try to sing low, but you don't have to go that low with darkening!
The last part was always a blast! You love that part of the song, this much I felt! :)

I love the begining of S.o.S in the final! You made it in your own way! Then you screw something, goes off pitch serching for a lower key.
The first part of rerecorded... I think your chest voice doesn't match with your resonance... you try to sing low, but you don't have to go that low with darkening!
The last part was always a blast! You love that part of the song, this much I felt! :)

Yeah, my lows are quite weak, unless I got drunk the night before, lol. Those notes are right on the edge of my range, so they are really hard for me and demand a lot of concentration. My voice is just more on the high side.
Which is why I was advised to sing an octave higher on the Finals. But I totally messed that up on the show, though I was nailing it before stepping on the stage. Heh. Oh well.
Even though my lows are weak and slightly pitchy, I've rerecorded with the low intro, because I just think that this is how that song is supposed to sound, and it helps the emotional growth of it. Also - I considered it a challenge. Of course, I could've used autotune and stuff, but I just wanted to present it as "This is the best I can do", even if I am not perfect.

Last edited:
Yeah, my lows are quite weak, unless I got drunk the night before, lol.
I don't think your low are "weak"... just lack some resonance. I am a bass, so I know the struggle to sing outside the confort range!!! :) Maybe you got to be more confident and relaxed!

... I've rerecorded with the low intro, because I just think that this is how that song is supposed to sound, and it helps the emotional growth of it.
Oh well... I think Disturbed have make their own version, you should try your own version. You had the clean tone to start, than you make the grit and distortion to add to the emotion. I would like you to rerecord with the higher octave!

As for the challenging factor... I am with you! But in the correct time, not exposing your weakness during the final...! :p

Back
Top Bottom