I'm in LOVE!

Fractivator

Just thought I'd take a minute to write a few words about this amazing tone tool. I am a hobby guitarist - it's how I relax and get my "me time"...I travel internationally for work (50%) so when I'm home I really dig in and enjoy this fabulous piece of kit. I have an HX stomp and a Steinberger Synapse that I take with me on business travel (helps pass the weekend when holed up in a hotel), but the HX is just not in the same league. I can't wait to get back to my III at the end of a business trip. I'm coming up 11 months with my fractal purchase and after keeping my mediocre first amp since 1996 I decided to jump right into Fractal modeling after almost biting the bullet on a Boogie MkV. I am SO happy with my decision to go Fractal. Case in point this last week...I had gotten to a stage where I thought I'd worked out the amps & tones I really liked and admit I fell into a rut with those. Last week, my wife was playing "It's Only Love" Brian Adams, Tina Turner, Keith Scott version, really loud. Man the guitar tone on that "oldie" really caught me out, so a quick web search on the Gearpage and I had the Amp, Cab combo to shoot for. Train Wreck Express (or an AC30), 4X12 cab with GB's and a Strat was the go-to. Check for the Strat (had that), quick search on my Axe FX and BANG! There was the Wrecker Express. I had played around with it earlier but it didn't grab me at first. This time round I made a few recommended tweaks to the PI section of the power amp after a post I read recommended to smooth it out a bit, throw in a GB cab and a noise gate with a hint of reverb and I was rocking out with a very VERY close tone. Sometimes its also what you play when auditioning an amp that can make the difference. This was the case for me with the Wrecker Express.

The fact that I can hear a song with a tone I like. Do a little research and then pull up a rig that is amazingly close to what I'm hearing is why I couldn't be happier with this machine.

Thank you for developing such an incredible piece of gear!

Fractal user for life.

Back
Top Bottom