I'm in facebook jail

Other than us all loving guitars, music, and Fractgal Audio I think we have found a unanimous consensus
in this thread. It's kind of creeping me out, to be honest.

I am going try to get past this and go look for a thread were we can all haggle over pickup height and whether
or not non-locking Trems can really ever stay in tune.

If I ever wrote half the things that go through my head when reading Facebook or instagram I’d be perma banned. Not that that would be a bad thing but I only use it to keep up on bands and gear. I don’t even have half my friends in my feed.

I have a tweeter account but I've never twooted on it - have no followers and follow no one - I am a twit that failed to launch.
I had a T* account way back, as it was required for work at the one job. I may have tested it, and used it for testing apps on our website that were using the T* API, but nave not looked at it since. Wouldn't be able to log in due to forgotten credentials now. Oh darn....

The censorship and moderation of some social networks and forums is indecent.

The worst thing is not when it is run by algorithms, but when it is people silencing different or uncomfortable opinions.

All in all, regardless of how things like that make you feel, it’s best not to publicly state it. While it’s just a FB ban right now, it’d be really shitty in the future if you found yourself in some messed up circumstance where previous things you wrote on social media were being used against you to in whatever way possible.

(But I would gladly take over with the bat if you needed to take a breather)
True. Good Point. I'm not a violent person, yet if I saw an innocent, defenseless dog being beaten...all bets are off.

I use Facebook to keep in touch and share with family that live out of state, so it has a use. I was viewing a story about an animal rescue, in which a pregnant dog was beat with a bat by some guy. The dog lost all of her puppies, and had her back leg and hip broken. There was a long, hard recovery process for the dog (she pulled though fine).

I posted that if I saw a guy beating a dog with a bat, that I would take that bat and beat the shit out of him with it. They facebook jailed me for saying that. Inciting violence they said. F you Facebook! I stand by what I said, I meant it!
fb is not an open free forum, its censored and controlled, free speech not permitted.

Only thing worse than Facebook is Twitter...

...and The Gear Page.
I'm about to self ban myself from Twitter. I think I started reading/looking (some posting) about a year and half ago, maybe two and reflecting back, I've wasted a lot of time. After work, I'll pull up twitter and another page w/ Fractal Forum or YouTube and turn on my AxeFX III and play and read. I like it as an alternate source of info since the mainstream media parrots the same talking point (same wording, same messaging, etc...). But if I'm honest with myself, my quality of life has probably gone down due to it. First step is admitting I got a problem, right?

There is one good thing about FB, and it's the only reason I have an account.
Marketplace. Why? Because it has the most comprehensive list of gear (for me that's music equip and motorcycle parts) in your neck of the woods.
If you find what you need, you can get it at a Reverb/Ebay price, but with no shipping and NO FEES.
That is the only positive thing about FB.

Of course if you sell something, you will get bombarded with "what's your lowest price?" and lowball offers that are ridiculous.
But if you're buying - it can be valuable.

I was in the same boat about four months ago. Having surfed the Internet, I understood that I wasn't alone.

Back
Top Bottom