I'm having an issue. Help?

REDD

Fractal Fanatic
I'm having volume drops between preset changes. Very basic presets, amp and cab only on most presets with some delay or reverb on my clean and lead channel. I'll go from one preset to another and the one I switch to will drop significantly and if I go back and then switch it again it's back to the normal volume. It is sporadic and has no rhyme or reason. Anyone else?

I'm having volume drops between preset changes. Very basic presets, amp and cab only on most presets with some delay or reverb on my clean and lead channel. I'll go from one preset to another and the one I switch to will drop significantly and if I go back and then switch it again it's back to the normal volume. It is sporadic and has no rhyme or reason. Anyone else?
Yes. Happens to me to. We just wrote about this if you search several posts down about sudden volume changes. Are you connected to AX8 Edit when it happens? If so, you're having the same issues we are. I think its a bug an hope it gets worked out in a future update.

Yes. Happens to me to. We just wrote about this if you search several posts down about sudden volume changes. Are you connected to AX8 Edit when it happens? If so, you're having the same issues we are. I think its a bug an hope it gets worked out in a future update.
Thanks, I don't know if AX8-edit was on every time it happened or not but I'll try it without it hooked up and see if that keeps it from happening. Thanks

Yes it is.

Unless you have AX8 Edit hooked up you can rule that out. I haven't heard any volume drops as of yet but I haven't been listening for them either. I have a small gig this Friday night so I will be checking this out with a closer ear.

I did hear some pretty nasty popping while dialing in an Y amp setting in one of my presets. Disconnecting AX8 Edit fixes it.

Unless you have AX8 Edit hooked up you can rule that out. I haven't heard any volume drops as of yet but I haven't been listening for them either. I have a small gig this Friday night so I will be checking this out with a closer ear.

I did hear some pretty nasty popping while dialing in an Y amp setting in one of my presets. Disconnecting AX8 Edit fixes it.
I also get a lot of pops and unwanted noise when editing presets with AX8 Edit connected.

Just an update on my issue. I had a practice session today and had the same popping I had without AX8 Edit hooked up. I wasn't really paying attention to the CPU load in this particular preset then it dawned on me that I should probably take a look to see where it was at.

86% was the highest I saw I thought certain effects were supposed to turn off namely Verb to help keep things under control. Anyway I removed the Chorus and a few shunts and no more problem. As to volume drops between presets I have had no issues at all.

Ok. So I finally took the time to video what my issue is, which is I believe the same issue discussed here. I could be wrong. Nevertheless, if someone at FAS could take a look and see if theres a bug present, I'd really appreciate it. I should note that it's not JUST the VU meter not reading correctly, it actually affects the output volume when it makes the jumps. I just didnt want someone to think that it was just a display error.

Last edited:
So I haven't experienced volume loss while playing since I stopped using AX8-Edit. but a couple of times recently I have had tone loss between presets ande then corrects itself when switched and reswitched. Almost sounds like the wah is on with the pedal pushed forward but it isn't on so it's not that.

Any progress on this issue? I had a brief volume drop yesterday. Also for the first time I had problems communicating with ax8 edit. I restarted everything and it connected but it was acting odd and the vol drop was about the same time. It seems like all this started after the latest firmware update. Anyone have an update?

Any progress on this issue? I had a brief volume drop yesterday. Also for the first time I had problems communicating with ax8 edit. I restarted everything and it connected but it was acting odd and the vol drop was about the same time. It seems like all this started after the latest firmware update. Anyone have an update?
I have not heard anything from FAS about it.

Back
Top Bottom