I'm gonna give v18 a shot, updating from v14 - anything I should do?

kostein

Inspired
So yeah, what the title says. This time I'm actually going to try to dial a tone from scratch alongside trying to retweak my current ones. I'll give it until the weekend to convince me.

Hit Fractal Bot and back everything up first
thumbsup.gif

I just went up from v15 tonight and I'm loving it. Had surgery at the backend of last year and wasn't able to play. Pulled my Axe-FX out to rejoin the band in January and hadn't had a chance to tinker until this weekend. Decided to blow away my presets and start again. Loving it so far.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So yeah, what the title says. This time I'm actually going to try to dial a tone from scratch alongside trying to retweak my current ones. I'll give it until the weekend to convince me.

Have a pair of clean underwear on hand.

If you like it, I for one can't wait to hear your results. Your vids are always outstanding. If not, no harm, no foul. I stuck with FW15 for a while for similar reasons, but after several weeks of not being able to play due to outside influences, and the release of 18 that coincided with some downtime for me, I took the plunge. Haven't regretted it yet.

System Parameter Reset is your friend. It resurrected a LOT of my old 15x patches so they only required minor tweaks (if any). Some were trashed, but not as many as I feared would be.

Good luck man!

Just to draw some extra focus to one thing that EJ James said above, I strongly suggest using the System Parameter Reset! I moved to 18.04 when it first came out, and it sounded killer on a few of my patches, but some of the others just didn't do much for me. I just assumed I needed to go in and tweak the problematic ones. After reading that a number of respected folks had used this reset function, and how almost everything was great again, I wondered if there was a chance that mine could actually need this, even though a few of my patches were stellar. Long story short, I finally decided to give it a try, and damn! Now all of the patches sound great. So, from my personal experience, I think it wise to give that reset a try, even if a few of your patches are already good. YMMV.

Cheers,

Lee

Nice Kos... I look forward to hearing what you come up with. I think Cliff should hire you to head up a Metal Division at Fractal. I know you're hi gain showcase convinced me that this is the way to go! \m/

Just to draw some extra focus to one thing that EJ James said above, I strongly suggest using the System Parameter Reset!

Agreed- I didn't have any issues or think anything sounded off as I upgraded through all the beta and final FW versions of 18... I haven't even loaded my old presets back in yet to try them. Just started from scratch from the first beta 18 weeks back.

That said, I did the System Parameter Reset several days ago, just on a whim, and I noticed a slight improvement immediately. Haven't done that reset in quite a while so no telling what changed. But I plan to do it now ever so often.

Have fun.. FW18 was a big step forward IMHO.

I think I'm on v13.xx or something. I haven't updated because I love what I'm getting. People are going apeshit over v18 though, so I think it might be time for another leap.

Back
Top Bottom