I'm going to be completely honest here, Factory CAB TMA into Cablab question

mikeymike

I literally just want to clone Factory Cab 106 (Rumble 4x12 EV12s 160) in my AFX 2 XL+ so that I can put it in cablab 3 and combine it with a Celestion IR that I own so that I can save CPU power. Yes I realize trying to copy the factory cab walks a fine line of "we dont want you to do that". I'm being fully honest. I want to copy the factory cabinet but my reasons aren't nefarious. I simply need more CPU and having a stereo cabinet is using too much damn CPU for a blended IR mix.

If you guys have any suggestions please share.

Of note: In the past I've tried to do this and sometimes when I make the tonematch I have been able to get them into cablab. I'm not sure how, but most of the time if I choose to save a tonematch to a user cab slot and then export it as a syx it will not open in cablab. Yes I get it, you likely don't want us making tonematches and then distributing your cabinets (though I'm not sure how it would work since it's still a and AFX syx file). But there have been some that I can open in cablab and I'm not quite sure why that is. I notice in the user cab list some are italicized and some aren't. I think this means that some of them are ultra-res and some aren't. If anyone can share some insight as to how this is related to my problem and how I can accomplish this please help me out.

Alternatively I can submit my preset here for anyone to check out but it requires that you have the celestion g12-65 open back 2x12 cabinet package.

Again, not trying to do anything illegal here. Just trying to keep all my effects in my preset. Also what's up with drive blocks using 10%+ cpu! Holy cow.

Also if this is the wrong forum to post about this (being that it covers more than one topic: tonematching cablab etc) please let me know and I'll post in the appropriate area or of course submit to my thread being moved. Thanks for your time guys

Ok while tagging this thread I saw yet another topic I'd like to ask about, tonematch export levels. Why are they so quiet? I've experienced it running the gamut from 6db to 9db and I can't figure out why. Is there a way I can tonematch more effectively to keep the levels right?

It's the only way I know of...
Is there a way to route the axe-fx to itself using the fx loop block with physical jacks in 1/2LR out 1/2LR (with 1/4" cable) and feedback send/return along with i/o menu settings (echo/input/output2 etc) ?

Simply shoot an IR of the factory cab using any deconvolution app. For example Logic includes Space Designer and the IR utility. Using the tonematch block in an AxeFX isn't really the right tool for the job you're trying to do.

Simply shoot an IR of the factory cab using any deconvolution app. For example Logic includes Space Designer and the IR utility. Using the tonematch block in an AxeFX isn't really the right tool for the job you're trying to do.
I don't have Logic but I do have Studio One 4 Professional. If I can I'll do that but I've come up with a diagram to attempt to use the AFX to shoot an IR of itself

why doesnt this work.PNG

not sure why it doesn't work though... I adjusted the output to 25% on the main out levels (I've measured these with a sine wave and the voltage is correct for -10dbV at 25%)

Well I gave up and used IR MAKER in Studio One. Worked pretty good, had to turn the fader down on the track to not clip the input of the AFX. This IR sounds very good and blended well with the Celestion open back 2x12 g12-65 sm57 IR. Makes for a great tone using the ODS 100 HRM

Using the tonematch block in an AxeFX isn't really the right tool for the job you're trying to do.
TM can produce superb results if you use the Axe-Fx III, which even creates an Ultra Res output. I use the Peak Hold technique, a synth noise signal, and let it run for awhile. It has the advantage of needing exactly zero cables or routings, so you can do it, for example, in a hotel or on a bus with no other gear :) I've used Apple's IR utility too, but I had to use "starter pistol" mode with an external impulse generator, because the tool didn't seem to allow me to route the sweep to USB 3/4 to get it to the grid.

1616078337572.png

Back
Top Bottom