I'm finally joining the Fractal family!

manatarms

I've been a lurker for quite a long time (going back to the Ultra days) and have finally purchased a Fractal Audio product. I just ordered my FM9 and am super excited about getting it and actually playing with a Fractal unit.

I've had tube amps in the past but have always liked the idea of non-traditional amp/cab stuff. First digital unit I had was a Digitech RP-1. Then I ran a SR&D Rockman Sustainer, EQ, Stereo Chorus, Stereo Echo setup for quite some time. From there I had a Roland GP-100 that I used for quite a long time. I then ran several different Boss GTs (GT-8, 10, 100). I had a Tech-21 PSA and then a Rocktron Voodu Valve. I had an Eleven Rack for a bit and then a Line 6 HD500. I ran a Zoom G5 for awhile. Finally I had a Line 6 HX Stomp (and have Helix Native).

I liked several things about all of them but when I saw "(R)evolution of Rock Guitar-Fractal Audio Axe-Fx Ultra Preamp/Effects processor-Part I -Ketil Strand" on YouTube, I was blown away with the first AxeFx. I have wanted a Fractal unit ever since, and I was finally able to order one! I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on it and playing through it. I've never had the opportunity to play through an AxeFx of any type, and can't wait!

-Nathan

Congrats! Just beware there are at least a couple of buck-wild, crazy-ass Uncles in the family. ;)
Ha ha! Yeah, I've been on the forum awhile, so I've seen some crazy uncles. :) Even though I don't have a unit yet, I've learned a lot about how things work and what it's capable of. I really like that people like Brett Kingman, Leon Todd, and Mark Day all contribute to the forum!

Duly noted. It's us who need corrective dental work that also need better car suspension. It's not that fact that we're road-worn folks, just that we need to pay our dues so that others can use the same avenues the crazy-ass Uncles do. P.S. Kind of relative, anyway, doncha think?

I was in just about the same boat as you (never had a modeler of any type, though) almost a year ago, and have been so blown away, not only by the tones and effects, but also how quick people are to explain things to you here (just ignore some of the 'uncles', or not ;) ), as well as being able to jump on YT, and watch how guys go about getting great-sounding tones. It's so freaking easy!

Welcome to the fun, @manatarms. Ketil’s (R)evolution videos were also instrumental in my decision to purchase that Ultra all those years ago.

I've been a lurker for quite a long time (going back to the Ultra days) and have finally purchased a Fractal Audio product. I just ordered my FM9 and am super excited about getting it and actually playing with a Fractal unit.

I've had tube amps in the past but have always liked the idea of non-traditional amp/cab stuff. First digital unit I had was a Digitech RP-1. Then I ran a SR&D Rockman Sustainer, EQ, Stereo Chorus, Stereo Echo setup for quite some time. From there I had a Roland GP-100 that I used for quite a long time. I then ran several different Boss GTs (GT-8, 10, 100). I had a Tech-21 PSA and then a Rocktron Voodu Valve. I had an Eleven Rack for a bit and then a Line 6 HD500. I ran a Zoom G5 for awhile. Finally I had a Line 6 HX Stomp (and have Helix Native).

I liked several things about all of them but when I saw "(R)evolution of Rock Guitar-Fractal Audio Axe-Fx Ultra Preamp/Effects processor-Part I -Ketil Strand" on YouTube, I was blown away with the first AxeFx. I have wanted a Fractal unit ever since, and I was finally able to order one! I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on it and playing through it. I've never had the opportunity to play through an AxeFx of any type, and can't wait!

-Nathan
Congratulations and welcome to wait list :cool: Ive have a few pieces of gear over the years including a FS AX8 and now a FM3, and am also on the FC9 wait list w/4 hours to go.
Some of my previously owned gear that I never miss now that I have a FM3 or soon to own FM9.
  • Zoom 9030
  • Zoom 9150
  • Zoom G5
  • Zoom G9.2tt
  • Zoom MultiStomp
  • Digitech RP100
  • Digitech GNX3
  • Digitech iPB-10
  • Roland GR700
  • Roland GR55
  • Korg PXD5
btw supper excited about the FM9s new processor architecture that allows enhanced effect processing of verbs and cpu heavy tasks in a foot board!

Congratulations and welcome to wait list :cool: Ive have a few pieces of gear over the years including a FS AX8 and now a FM3, and am also on the FC9 wait list w/4 hours to go.
Some of my previously owned gear that I never miss now that I have a FM3 or soon to own FM9.
  • Zoom 9030
  • Zoom 9150
  • Zoom G5
  • Zoom G9.2tt
  • Zoom MultiStomp
  • Digitech RP100
  • Digitech GNX3
  • Digitech iPB-10
  • Roland GR700
  • Roland GR55
  • Korg PXD5
btw supper excited about the FM9s new processor architecture that allows enhanced effect processing of verbs and cpu heavy tasks in a foot board!
Thanks! I'm actually off the waiting list. I signed up the same day at 1:57pm EST and got my invite to order. I finally pulled the trigger on the order today. You've had quite a lot of Zoom and digitech products. I almost bought a GNX3 back in the day. I liked some things about the Zoom G5, but overall I wasn't happy with my tone.

Thanks! I'm actually off the waiting list. I signed up the same day at 1:57pm EST and got my invite to order. I finally pulled the trigger on the order today. You've had quite a lot of Zoom and digitech products. I almost bought a GNX3 back in the day. I liked some things about the Zoom G5, but overall I wasn't happy with my tone.
That's fantastic, so only a week or so and you'll be in FM9 bliss! o_O The G5 was fun at first, w/new screen design and interface gui with a lot of things to play around with, like you, it never hit sweet spot and it took a back seat to my AX8 once I got it, I still think my best Zoom was the old 9030, just something about that unit really sounded great when using it with headphones or through my two JCM800 half stacks.

-Nathan

Welcome aboard!
If your experience is anything like mine, the only regret you'll have is not doing it sooner!
Looking forward to your first thoughts.

Thanks
Pauly

-Nathan

Welcome aboard!
If your experience is anything like mine, the only regret you'll have is not doing it sooner!
Looking forward to your first thoughts.

Thanks
Pauly
Thanks! I’m really looking forward to checking out the touch dynamics.

Thanks! I’m really looking forward to checking out the touch dynamics.

The dynamics and responsiveness are kind of befuddling at first. They were for me.
Coming from being a long-time tube amp snob of the highest order I was simply
blown away by the way the models reacted to the guitar's volume knob, and also
how repsoniveness the gain structure is to how hard or sift you pick.

My sole caveat is that some of the models/presets are maxed out on headroom so
I just drop the Master Volume a touch and up the Level in the Amp Block to compensate
and those dynamics and responsiveness just pop right back in.

Welcome....I believe you will love the FM9 and also the forum,-I learned so much from this forum, mainly about Fractal gear, but NOT limited to that.
All around-killer gear, killer customer support and killer forum!

Back
Top Bottom