AFIII I'm finally getting confident in my arrangements

Holy crap @Freds55 I'm a little late to the party but I looked up Ronnie Montrose this is the first thing YouTube had he rips! Thank you

The montrose album, paper money album, Gama 1&2 I love the paper money album one of my favorites. I was lucky enough to see him a couple of times back in the 70’s
Your tone and style kinda reminded me of him.

Oh and that’s how Sammy Hagar got his big break.

I have really enjoyed the video you posted brought back some great memories :)

@jljesse Man I really dig your recording it really does sound great. I hope you’ll share some more of your projects..
Great song and I still get that Ronnie Montrose vibe when I listen to it really do love it. :)

Cool tune!

My initial thoughts:
  • vocals are a little too far forward for my tastes. Sounds like he's on top of everything instead of with everything, if that makes sense. The actual singing sounds great!
  • When the fuzzy guitars come in, there isnt enough high end to really make out what the guitar parts are. This lends to the first point as well.
  • Can't really hear the bass in this one. Let the bass carry that low end in the fuzzed choruses and keep the guitars a bit higher up frequency wise.
I'm listening on Bose headphones (not sure what model).

thoughts from a DIY touring guy turned home hobbiest. Definitely a cool tune I could see some pals putting on.

JlJesse man that rocks great job. That is a kicken tune very nicely done. That low end is really cool. I’m digging your work and the vocals very nicely done.

Here's an updated mix:

Thank you to everyone who took the time to listen to my song and provide such thoughtful and detailed feedback - I definitely used it in my notes for this mix and it is better for it. Let me know what you guys think!

Dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooodddddddd!!!!!!! :)

Dynamics are Killin'!!

Here's an updated mix:

Thank you to everyone who took the time to listen to my song and provide such thoughtful and detailed feedback - I definitely used it in my notes for this mix and it is better for it. Let me know what you guys think!

I definitely hear an improvement, sounds fuller and more like a unit. Good luck with the rest!

Back
Top Bottom