AFIII I'm fairly new to high gain tones, is this good? (Tool - Invincible)

I just recorded the guitars, bass and deums are from a backing track I found on youtube.. but I agree it sounds spot on.
Regarding e-drums plugins, you can't wrong with superior drummer 3, but it needs a bit of tweaking to make it sound that good
Thank You!! I appreciate the advice!

This is the exact type of tone you should be proud to get when shooting for Adam Jones. With an SSS Strat to boot? Shit, my guy.
If you’re interested, I can send you my mix-ready Tool preset that I’ve been working on for the past couple of years.
Please share with entire class!

Sound really nice! could you share the preset? Thanks!
This was the one I used to record the track but I don't remember which IR I used cuz I rearranged them since then on my axe fx, anyway the preset might need some adjustments too since it was made a few firmwares back. Enjoy!

PS: anyway, wait for @Jambi 's one cuz it's a lot better than mine, already tried ;)

Attachments

• Tool VH4.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 10
Haven't had a lot of time to mess around with it since 19.00 came out, but nonetheless:

I also have plans to add in my version of the Taurus synth patch into it for the intro of Reflection, along with the sitar for the intro of 4 Degrees.

Attachments

• TOOL WIP 19.00.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Haven't had a lot of time to mess around with it since 19.00 came out, but nonetheless:

I also have plans to add in my version of the Taurus synth patch into it for the intro of Reflection, along with the sitar for the intro of 4 Degrees.
Thanks! I will check this out tomorrow night.

Back
Top Bottom