I'm challenged, a kindergarden tutorial PLEASE?

First off, I'm sorry...because I contaced Redwirez, and I've read tons of the threads, but it all seems like an alien language to me, I don't understand the terms, etc...

I got the bundle from Redwirez, and the guy there said it was pretty simple, and that there's tons of info about doing it, but the terms, and procedures are still far beyond me and assume that I know more than I do.

Do I need to load the IRs into Protools or something? How? Then I mix them? How? then convert, then put into the Axe...

Is there any way someone could give me a step by step, kindergarden explanation of how to do this? I'm really sorry.

My name is Devin Townsend, and I'm now endorsing the Fractal. There. I'm a cheeseball.

Hey Devin,

First off I wanna say I'm a huge fan of your work, and loved Ki, and can't wait for addicted. I think you make us Canadians proud man.

Anyway, the Redwirez IR's actually come with the .syx files which are what you need for the axe-fx anyway, so you don't need to go through all these conversions.

What you can do is load the non axe-fx files into a pro tools cab simulator, or space generator that uses IR files (sorry, I hope someone else could be clearer about this part of the process, cause I'm not very involved when it comes to DAW's.)

But anyway, you can load the Cab IR's into user slots 1-10 using axe-edit, and you can audition them one by one.

to be honest I don't always understand what I'm doing, i really go through the paces doing it until I find a osund I like.

So in short, I loaded the "axe-fx" (.syx) files into user cab slots 1-10 using the preset manager in Axe-edit.

Dylan Lauzon

Poopynuggeteer said:
...a kindergarden tutorial PLEASE?
Ok,
Go clean your room and you'd better have your homework done before dinner, if not you're going to go to time out!!!! :D

P.S. And when you're done... write 10 times on the chalk board:

I will not misspell kindergarten... I will use the spellchecker...

:D

Here is one method to instantly load and listen to IR's: Please note that Errors can occur with the beta release and you'll just have to reboot the AXE-FX, the application, or your MIDI interface, or all of them, and try again

Make all needed connections.

Open AXE-EDIT

From AXE-EDIT, Click SETTINGS and choose PRESET MANAGER to open the preset manager

From PRESET MANAGER, click SETTINGS, if AUTO-AUDITION is not checked, click it to mark it as checked, if it's already checked, leave it be

From PRESET MANAGER, click SETTINGS, then click WORKSPACES, if AXE-EDIT is not checked, click it to mark it as checked, if it's already checked, leave it be

You should see three WORKSPACES open in the PRESET MANAGER

From the center WORKSPACE, click the CABS tab, then click SOURCE and a navigation window will open

From the navigation window, navigate to the folder RED WIRE IMPULSES

From the navigation window, highlight the folder, then click CHOOSE and everything thing within the sub-folders which is in .syx format will load into the CABS tab

From the right WORKSPACE, click LOAD, then LOAD BANK

Allow the Dump to complete

From the right WORKSPACE, right click the preset you want to use for auditioning IR's, one that uses USER CAB and click EDIT (I suggest creating a patch with a simple, minimal signal path such as just amp and cab for auditioning)

From the center WORKSPACE, click any IR you want to hear, you will see activity in the status bar, and as it hits 100%, your AXE-FX MIDI IN light will flash,

You will also notice that the right WORKSPACE now displays the USER CAB SLOTS (They should appear empty even if you have loaded IR's into slots from a previous session. They only register what you have loaded in the present session.)

The IR is loaded into USER CAB slot 1 of the AXE-FX unit and voila,

Click another IR from the list and boom, it's loaded for you to audition

When you find a cab IR you want to save, From the center WORKSPACE, click and drag that IR into a user slot (I would suggest avoiding SLOT 1)

Later, you can choose that IR by choosing the appropriate USER CAB slot. Make notes as to what is where!

Poopynuggeteer said:
Ha, no... thats the Canadian spelling, I'm pretty shure!

"Shure"---Now is that Canadian for "sure"???? Or are we talking about that mic maker.... ;)
Wise me up, Bro. :D

Cheers,
Joel

Poopynuggeteer said:
Man! I keep missspelling words!

Sorry folks!

I don't want to annoy guitarists, their an ugly bunch!

Man, do I feel rediculus!

Hahahahahahahaha

misspelling...

they're an ugly bunch...

ridiculous...

Sorry.. I couldn't resist.... much love!!!! :D

Poopynuggeteer said:
Ah, sorrry, youve got me!

It w'ont happen agian!

Now Poopyboy, Are ye tryin' to vex me? :roll:

Mate, no more misspelling and punctuation mishaps !! You will be forced to run through the gauntlet again, then off to be keelhauled and then made to walk the plank !!! :eek: :p

Seriously Bro, U cool :cool: , it don mattr hwo u say it, longs we get yur drifft !:D :D ;)

Cheers and Love. :D
Joel

You know I'm jst messing with ya Poopynuggeteer...

OMG, LOL, ABC, 123, OPP, C3PO, MTV, PSP, WTF, FTW..

Hahaha! Nice one Devin!

Goodwill, that was the best tutorial I've seen. That's the one all tutorials should be compared to in the future, IMO.

Oh yeah, If you'd like some of the IR's that me and Fredrik Thordendal did a while back, shoot me a PM. Don't think you'd need them with the Redwirez toolbox, but anyway. ;)

Poopynuggeteer said:
Ha, no... thats the Canadian spelling, I'm pretty shure!

You're a pretty microphone brand? ;)

Nice to see you here, Devin. I'm a big fan of your solo stuff and your work with Soilwork on NBC. Simply awesome.

Regards,
Jeff

Back
Top Bottom