Bug? I'm calling it a bug...

brianv4

Fractal Fanatic
i first noticed this with the AX8 but now it works this way on the axefx too. if you have a parameter, let's say delay mix mapped to an expression pedal and the pedal is not connected, the delay goes to the maximum value set. So, you must have the expression pedal plugged in or bypass the block.

it wasn't always this way, only until recently. can we please have it back the way it was where it would default to the minimum value.

If 'PC Reset' is on in the 'Edit Modifier' window...The store value of the parameter will be loaded.

If PC Reset' is off in the 'Edit Modifier' window and no external controller is connected.....Go to the I/O page, scroll right to the 'Midi' tab, scroll down to 'EXT CTRL '?' INIT VAL and set it to 0% for the 'Min' or 100% for the 'Max' external modifier setting.

Last edited:
I think it always used to be so.
There are value choices for every external controller 1 through 12's Initial value in the [I/O] button [MIDI] tab, scroll to the bottom of the page. Pick 0% or 100%.

Dang. Moke beat me to it.

Didn't know about PC RESET parameter. Will look into it.
I use this a lot. At home I only hook up the MFC if I am programming and or testing controllers. So with 'PC Reset' on, the preset is loaded with whatever setting I stored.

With my MFC connected, how the preset loads is determined by.........1st, the pedals 'Beginning Value' settings in the MFC and...........2nd, the 'PC Reset' setting.

I think it always used to be so.
There are value choices for every external controller 1 through 12's Initial value in the [I/O] button [MIDI] tab, scroll to the bottom of the page. Pick 0% or 100%.

Dang. Moke beat me to it.
i believe this was always only for MIDI commands - like a pedal connected to an MFC-101. i think it never did anything for on-unit Pedal jacks.

The OP didn't specify whether his pedal was connected to the back of the hardware or a midi controller? I assumed the latter for some reason? But AFAIK it would still apply if the 'hardware connected' pedal is assigned to one of the 12 'External Controllers' as opposed to one of the CC#s..........

my bad, expression is connected to the mfc. initial value is at 0. also of note; i have IA switch 6 assigned to saturation and that defaults correctly to OFF. i'll poke around more tomorrow. most likely something i missed, it usually is. perhaps a recent update changed some parameters? and i'm on the latest firmware. thx guys!

so... on my presets that were misbehaving, setting PC Reset to ON then setting the expression pedal to minimum and hitting save worked. i can unplug the mfc and delay is at minimum, not max. But, there are some presets that PC Reset is OFF and delay is at minimum w/o the mfc. So how come this affects the values only some of the time?

Hi @brianv4 , There are several things at play here.......I'll try my best to explain it

PC Reset 'OFF'.....order of 'Priorities'..................

..........MFC/Expression pedal connected..........

1.....Expression Pedal position, if the 'Beginning Value' is set to 'Pedal' or any 'Value'.

2.....Even if the pedal 'Beginning Value' set to 'None'. The pedal position is used if 'PC Reset' is 'Off'?

..........MFC/Expression pedal disconnected..........

1.....The 'External Control Initial Value' % setting in the 'Midi' tab of the 'I/O' menu.

PC Reset 'ON'..........order of 'Priorities'..................

..........MFC/Expression pedal connected..........

1.....Expression Pedal position, if the 'Beginning Value' is set to 'Pedal' or any 'Value'.

2.....If the pedal 'Beginning Value' set to 'None'. The pedal position is ignored and the 'Stored' value is used.

..........MFC/Expression pedal disconnected..........

1.....The 'External Control Initial Value' % setting in the 'Midi' tab of the 'I/O' menu is ignored and the 'Stored' value is used.

Last edited:
I would love it if the "stored" value would always be used. Whether PC reset were off or on.

It's also a bother that values with a modifier attached can't be changed unless the modifier is set to none. Which deletes all the modifier settings as well. A pause button would be nice.

I would love it if the "stored" value would always be used. Whether PC reset were off or on.

It's also a bother that values with a modifier attached can't be changed unless the modifier is set to none. Which deletes all the modifier settings as well. A pause button would be nice.
The values can be changed, but only by typing the new value in. But the Modifier values will still have priority until you reload the preset (if PC reset is on)

I use the PC RESET on all my wah blocks it guarantees that the wah does engage when changing patches if the pedal has been knocked from its 'off' position.

Back
Top Bottom