I'm bored

pauly

Fractal Fanatic
Like a little kid ... I'm Bored...
But you've got your legos...you've got your bike... youve got the pool...
Yeah - But I'm Bored!!!

I'm sitting in my studio.... and I pick up a gutar and feel like I can't play it...Holy shit.

Anybody need any harmonies sung?... I need some external tasks I think 'cause in here 'aint cutting it.

Thanks
Pauly

I hear ya.

Just bought a new (Native Instruments S49) keyboard plus the Komplete 12 package in the big June sale. Time to learn some more keys/piano skills and findways to integrate more soundscapes/vintage keys in my music...

Also see if Studio Drummer Is better that LogicPro’s virtual drummer...

next step: find a nice online course and do the work...

EDIT: I agree with the Learn new stuff suggestions. That always works for me and turns out to be very beneficial too!

Last edited:
If you think you can't play realize that neither could Kurt Cobain, or the Beatles, and they wrote some killer music. Being technically a good musician helps, but it is not required to write good music. For that you need to actually write music, which I think is preferable to wrestling with new software or other new stuff, which I think distracts more then it helps. You got to write. Maybe 99% of it will be trash, but that 1% might make it all worthwhile, and if you wait for inspiration to happen you might have to wait forever. Make your own inspiration.

Try and learn something outside of your comfort zone. It can be a new technique, learning some new theory, playing slide etc. I suckled at one note per string alternate picking, now I play several hours a day and have for over a year. It turned out that doing bluegrass and Steve Morse pieces are challenging (duh), but also rewarding and a lot of fun.

Try playing a classical piece with the electric. It is a challenge, discipline and endless entertainment.

Now I am with Chopin Nocturne n.20 in C sharp minor. I use a clean tone and I am playing the part of the piano right hand. First it seemed easy, but it is not so easy for me.
Challenge 1: memorize the notes and be faithful to the original composition. Challenge 2: learn to accurately play the trills (not by tapping, but by picking or fingering) and the fast runs. Challenge 3: play with expression. Challenge 4: record your version on DAW (I've found a MIDI with the piano left/right hands on separate tracks, so I can mute the right hand). Challenge 5: do not shred. Challenge 6: do not shred. Challenge 7: do not shred.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom