iLok required ?

lqdsnddist

Axe-Master
Got my discount code and I'm all set to purchase the new version, but didn't see any mention of it requiring iLok.

I recall reading that some of the time it took to get CL released was dealing with iLok, so I'm assuming it requires it, but then no specific mention of iLok in the Fractal store...

So, long question short..... is iLok required ?

Got my discount code and I'm all set to purchase the new version, but didn't see any mention of it requiring iLok.

I recall reading that some of the time it took to get CL released was dealing with iLok, so I'm assuming it requires it, but then no specific mention of iLok in the Fractal store...

So, long question short..... is iLok required ?

Read the product description:

ABOUT CAB-LAB ACTIVATION

Cab-Lab 3 requires activation using the free iLok License Manager from www.ilok.com. The manager allows you to activate Cab-Lab WITH or WITHOUT a physical iLok "dongle" but you will need an Internet connection. Simply install the free manager and select "Redeem Activation Code" from the "Licenses" menu. Paste or type your activation code. Codes are emailed from Fractal Audio Systems within one business day of your order.

Thanks, must not of seen that section...

That is nice they've at least moved away from the physical dongle, which from past experience was a huge PITA

You will receive the activation code via email shortly after your purchase confirmation.

Read the product description:

ABOUT CAB-LAB ACTIVATION

Cab-Lab 3 requires activation using the free iLok License Manager from www.ilok.com. The manager allows you to activate Cab-Lab WITH or WITHOUT a physical iLok "dongle" but you will need an Internet connection. Simply install the free manager and select "Redeem Activation Code" from the "Licenses" menu. Paste or type your activation code. Codes are emailed from Fractal Audio Systems within one business day of your order.

All you gotta do is read.... :)

So in other words, same as before but now with email. Sigh..... ok. :)

drilling-F5.gif

I have never and will never buy anything remotely associated with ILok.

Very sad to see that on the FAS site.

Just my opinion-I 'll stick wih Cab lab 2.0, even though I did get the promo code, etc.

Also means I cannot install it on my laptop and desktop - sad.

I pass.

Thanks, must not of seen that section...

That is nice they've at least moved away from the physical dongle, which from past experience was a huge PITA

They support both: downloaded locally without USB dongle or with USB dongle.

I've never had the dongles fail (knocks on wood!) but I've heard that is the big PITA. Been using iLoks with Pro Tools on Windows for a long time and have had no issues.

I have never and will never buy anything remotely associated with ILok.

Very sad to see that on the FAS site.

Just my opinion-I 'll stick wih Cab lab 2.0, even though I did get the promo code, etc.

Also means I cannot install it on my laptop and desktop - sad.

I pass.

Since you've never used iLok what is your reason? Just the philosophy of it?

I'm not a fanboy of iLok. To me it was just part of doing business using Pro Tools so I use it.

Why couldn't you have it on both?

You can but you have to have the iLok license on the machine you are running on.

With the physical dongle, you remove it from one machine and plug it into the other to work on different machines.

Without the dongle, you have to use the iLok manager to move the license from machine to machine. Not a simple workflow. I personally use the USB so it's plug and play for me.

Back
Top Bottom