Illusionists 2013 teaser (With axe2 patches and Metal Machine/SD2 drum kit patches!)

Larcher

Inspired

This little teaser was recorded with my axefx2 through my carvin dc800!

rythm patch: DC800 VH4.syx

lead patch: DC800 lead VH4.syx

drum kit patch: illusionists metalmachine_pre_mixing_punchy_kick.s20

A few points to mention; I use Firmware 9 with the axefx2 so if you don't have said firmware, you should upgrade to it :) and for the Metal machine patch, I used the SD2 mixer to carve the sound, so if you don't have SD2 installed, I don't know how this kit patch will work for you :(

edit: The guitar tone has barely any post processing, just a slight boost around 1-1.5k and same goes for the drum. The bass in here was Trilian!

Give us a like on facebook too :cheers:

www.facebook.com/weareillusionists

Last edited:
Sounds good!
But i am having problems with your patches. Volume is dropping without any reason.
Checked with 2 different guitars, loaded the patch again, changed amp model and bypassed/unbypassed every block.
Strange :-/

this is indeed strange.. I had something like that happen to me last night and thought nothing of it, but it was the only time it happened. I honestly have no clue what would cause this

this is indeed strange.. I had something like that happen to me last night and thought nothing of it, but it was the only time it happened. I honestly have no clue what would cause this

I've had the same issue with another preset, also with the VH4. So I thought maybe an issue with the model - but after swapping the amp models the problem is still there. maybe I have some time to record it and post it in the bugs forum.

I honestly have no clue what would cause this, hmmm, maybe the gate in someway? It has not happened to me since however.

Input gate maybe? Not a gate block, but the IO gate? That has screwed me up a few times when rolling off the volume on my guitar.

Will check out the tune and patches when I get home from work :)

Yeah, the bass tone is pretty poop :( I'm currently using trilian because I don't own an actual good bass, let alone one that could play with an 8 string !

Yeah, the bass tone is pretty poop :( I'm currently using trilian because I don't own an actual good bass, let alone one that could play with an 8 string !

I use a four string bass for 8 string stuff and just tune to the same octave as the guitars. Saves you from having floppy strings.

I really liked the guitar tones man! How you liking the DC800?

I use a four string bass for 8 string stuff and just tune to the same octave as the guitars. Saves you from having floppy strings.

I really liked the guitar tones man! How you liking the DC800?

That is actually not a terrible idea! I have a 4 string bass, I could give it a try with the same octave

I love my DC800, it is by far the best feeling guitar I've played, however the more I play it the more I realise that 8 strings is a whole lot haha, but I still love it, I will be ordering a dc700 soon with the same specs!

Back
Top Bottom