I'll just leave this here.

It's great as guitarists to see what great pianists are capable of achieving with their instrument. For all the advances in guitar, we would hard-pressed to pull that off (even with a looper or something).

I love to listen to Debussy once in a while.

IMO, she's a solid argument in favor of the Suzuki method and demanding Asian parents. She started playing when she was 5. She's now 34. She's probably also an extraterrestrial alien.

I'm listening to her 2011 album, "Voice" right now. My mind is thoroughly blown.

Be sure and check out the vids of her playing with Chick Corea. She's a huge fan of his and when they play together its magical. Well shes always magical actually.

With Stanley Clarke, too. It's funny how when they are on the same stage, she completely eclipses the established "living legends".

Be sure and check out the vids of her playing with Chick Corea. She's a huge fan of his and when they play together its magical. Well shes always magical actually.

It was amazing to me to see Chick's reactions. If you watch him perform, he normally is really relaxed as though he has had this same meal everyday for the past 50 years, with his performance with Hiromi, he was laughing, sitting up and seemed genuinely challenged to keep up with her and her ingenuity. I liked seeing him challenged and I loved seeing her utterly enjoying the moments of awakening his creativity. She is an amazing talent and is truly in touch with her creative and childlike spirit. I LOVE this!

Back
Top Bottom