IK Multimedia teams up with Mesa/Boogie

Well the tones did not impress me. I have the Orange Amplitube amps and they sound nothing like my real Orange amps. No IR technology for the cabs either.

I'm sure they'll sell good with the Mesa name but I don't think it sounds like Mesa personally.

I actually got to try the demo versions of the Mark IV and Dual Rectifier at my friends place today. I guess I have nothing to add. The amp models look cool since they're just like the real amps but the sound just isn't there. I did enjoy the Mark IV a lot but it didn't sound like the real Mark IV I have at the studio. You couldn't tighten it up by lowering the regular bass knob and raising the 80hz. That's the way you know if it's a good model or not.

It's obvious that it won't be as accurate as our beloved Axe FX II. But the thing that intrigues me is the fact that Mesa put their stamp on it. the samples are not that great to me as well.

It's a natural progression of amp sims in the digital domain (which includes high-end modelers) but at a lower price point than we are used to aimed at a different customer base. Don't know why some people get so hot under the collar, obviously it can't be the concept of digital modeling so is it snobbery based on it's cheaper price point? Now if it sounds as good as the Axe-Fx then I would be worried!

Haha. I couldn't find a cab clone to test myself but as far as I know it was not the thing that it was supposed to be.

Haha. I couldn't find a cab clone to test myself but as far as I know it was not the thing that it was supposed to be.

I shot some IRs of it a while ago, you can get them here and test them. Also look at the third post in that thread, where I linked an image showing the EQ curve of the CabClone, done by the user Morphosis.

Looks like JP likes these new amplitube models as well...hmmmmm.

"I’ve been playing with the Boogie models in AmpliTube and I think it’s really cool. Awesome job! It’s been real easy to dial in tones on the MK IV and the Recto. The controls are reacting the way I’m used to and my settings get the sound I would expect. What a great product. Congrats!"

really? I didn't know that! I think I should try them for fun and giggles :D I already have both real mesas and axe FX II but that would be fun to have the amps in my computer screen as well haha!

Back
Top Bottom