IK Multimedia ARC

ericar

Inspired
I just pre ordered ARC 2.5 and wonder if anyone uses this with the AXE in there home studio. I am guessing it could help people get tones that could more easily transfer from place to place without as much adjustment.

I bought Sonarworks a couple of months back. It definitely made a difference. Highly recommend it.
I have bass heavy KRK speakers which recently made me realise that I'm not dailing in my tones correctly. Once I ignored the bass push my tones started to fill out. I'm going to buy some Yamaha hs 7 I think...

Using these correction tools with the Axe is a bit of a pain though cause of the latency and routing. ( in my situation) but you can get it done.

Last edited:
Yep, arc 1&2 user here. I'd be lost without it. Just make sure you don't cut any corners when you do the correction procedure. Symmetrically move the mic, measure out your spots and tape the floor....the better you do the procedure the better your results will be on everything.

What software do you play through to use the VST?

Yep, arc 1&2 user here. I'd be lost without it. Just make sure you don't cut any corners when you do the correction procedure. Symmetrically move the mic, measure out your spots and tape the floor....the better you do the procedure the better your results will be on everything.

What software do you play through to use the VST?

I've created a PDF for ARC that I've shared with quite a few people who have been successful with it. When/if you get it, let me know and I'll share it with you before you do the procedure.

Ok, one of the issues with using a plugin, is using ARC without having to load up your DAW of choice. It would suck to have to open Reaper, Pro Tools or Cubase every time you want to hear a song with correction, right? That was my issue also. Ok...

I use ARC with my DAW program of choice, Cakewalk SONAR. For playback without having to open SONAR, I use WinAmp with a plugin loader/wrapper created by a dude named Christian Budde. You can grab a version of it here: http://www.pcjv.de/applications/winamp/

The issue there may be, you may need an older version of WinAmp for it to work as I am not sure if newer versions will support that. If you can get this to work, all you have to do is double click a file and it will play through WinAmp and the correction will be on already. So you won't have to open your DAW of choice to use ARC. I have encountered a weird anomaly though. Since moving to Win 7, the wrapper seems to force me to open ARC in the WinAmp window for it to enable it. It's on, but I can tell it's off. So as soon as I open it, it enables itself. So worst case scenario, you just open ARC through WinAmp once each time you use it. For some reason, I couldn't use 1.6 of the wrapper and am on 1.5. I'm going to try and see if that may be the issue and try 1.6 once again. Anyway...sorry for going astray....hope this helps. Any questions, let me know.

I use sonarworks. Pretty cool and i dont mind clicking on my daw to use it. I have a reaper session specifically for listening/jamming in my room with everything routed into it so its pretty convenient for me.
Track 1: guitar (into valhalla room plugin)
2: guitar DI (into Midi guitar 2 plugin)
2: media
3: midi keys (into synth plugin)
Master: sonarworks enabled

Back
Top Bottom