III vs FX8 in 4CM

elektroneg

I wonder if someone has asked already, but how is the III'd compared to FX8 when doing 4CM? With all those specially designed low noise inputs on the FX8.
I'm also curious if it is possible to give a pure AXE FX signal to FOH while doing 4CM for stage sound?

Two different units, one was made specificaly for 4CM and the other is aimed for another things and also can do 4CM.

Every thing you nees can be done with both, one Cant do amp simulation.

I wonder if someone has asked already, but how is the III'd compared to FX8 when doing 4CM? With all those specially designed low noise inputs on the FX8.
I'm also curious if it is possible to give a pure AXE FX signal to FOH while doing 4CM for stage sound?

That should be possible with III. I/O 3 and 4 would be operating in 4CM, while Out1 goes to FOH with amp/cab modeling. It will be tricky though to have a single signal chain for both purposes. Might need to set up two signal chains.

That should be possible with III. I/O 3 and 4 would be operating in 4CM, while Out1 goes to FOH with amp/cab modeling. It will be tricky though to have a single signal chain for both purposes. Might need to set up two signal chains.

My plan is to use the III in 4 cable method on stage.. and also use the LB2 back into the III and go stereo into FOH with IR's......

I ask Cliff if the III will be as quite as the FX8 with a Tube head.... he responding "It will be as good or Better!"

Resurrecting an old thread - used to own an FX8 a while ago, and really liked it - i could not tell the difference between bypassed and effects off, with no tone suck that i could tell... can't remember why i got rid of it... alas... fast forward, got my notification that my III has shipped will arrive next Monday! i still have and love my amps so one use i will have for the III is to use in 4CM,

Has anyone tried it out in 4CM? especially interested in hearing from anyone who had\has an FX8?

In comparison i could tell the difference with an AXE FX2 and AX8.. FX8 was clear winner for me in 4CM..

I have tried 4CM with my Friedman BE100 and was not a fan of the results. Mind you, it could have been a mistake on my end, but I found that 4CM with the III made the low end somewhat flubby. YMMV

Well Rex, I’m hopeing to get the same experience as you and Satch4u3 was indeed doing someth
I have an FX8, and I’ve run the Axe III in 4CM. I hear no difference between them when the blocks are all bypassed.

wrong Cheers for the feedback both!!!

Reactions: Rex
Back
Top Bottom