III - Unboxing and First Impressions

Axe-Master
All I can say is my expectations were high and it's already blown them away. A massive thank you to Cliff, Matt and the rest of the team for creating this dream machine. I'm going to get my teeth stuck into this over the coming week, but for now here's an unboxing and a quick demo :)

I'm always on the look out for tutorial ideas, so get your requests in!

Last edited:
Ditto. I got mine today as well, and just spent the last few hours with it going through presets; frequently getting stuck on one that I had to keep playing with for a while. I already love it, and I've barely scratched the surface.

Congrats Leon. Looking forward to some deep tweaking videos in the future. First request, good uses for the crossover block.

I do most of my playing in IEM these days. Listening to most mastered bands seems like lots of frequency panning and what not to enhance the stereo field. Must learn more about this area.

Awesome! Looking forward to seeing some demos.

Will you be using the 3 for some of the new Ragdoll tracks?

How about some good double amp tones? There are a few nice ones in the factory set. It would be cool to see about how you would approach it. Use one for low end only? Or just a general mix? Maybe a modifier to mix in more of one when playing harder? Ive played around with these ideas but I think someone with better ears might have more success.

you will have big fun with the new plex delay block..cant wait to hear it... congrats and welcome to the fast-growing troupe of owners of the greatest guitar tone creator EVER...and get that cat under control

I saw the teaser video and my first thought was “Sweet, that means more Axe III videos incoming.”

Looking forward to how you expand on you’re already-great Ax8 content.

Awesome! Looking forward to seeing some demos.

Will you be using the 3 for some of the new Ragdoll tracks?

How about some good double amp tones? There are a few nice ones in the factory set. It would be cool to see about how you would approach it. Use one for low end only? Or just a general mix? Maybe a modifier to mix in more of one when playing harder? Ive played around with these ideas but I think someone with better ears might have more success.

Funnily enough it arrived just in time for a session i have tomorrow, tracking some new RD stuff.

here's a preset I'm working on, blending the Recto with different amps as I would when recording. I'm so stoked there's so many York Audio IR's included in the factory cabs as they're my go to cabs. Substitute your favourite Ownhammer, ML, Dr Bonkers or FAS cabs as you see and hear fit.

Attachments

• LT Recto Blend 2.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 34
Funnily enough it arrived just in time for a session i have tomorrow, tracking some new RD stuff.

here's a preset I'm working on, blending the Recto with different amps as I would when recording. I'm so stoked there's so many York Audio IR's included in the factory cabs as they're my go to cabs. Substitute your favourite Ownhammer, ML, Dr Bonkers or FAS cabs as you see and hear fit.
Thanks for the preset Leon! Saw your cat in the video. My cat sits atop my rack containing my III while I play. She is my "guitar tech".

hey Leon, FIY, when I opened the preset(thanks) the PEQ Settings were borked, as shown here.... don't know if its an anomoly or not..leon axeIII.jpg

Ditto. I got mine today as well, and just spent the last few hours with it going through presets; frequently getting stuck on one that I had to keep playing with for a while. I already love it, and I've barely scratched the surface.

I’ve had mine since Wednesday and am still doing that. I’ve disabled the cab modelling and am using the speaker modelling on my powercab. Sounds amazing and haven’t got a bad sound yet.
I’m coming from a Helix, but finding using the Axe FX interface a breeze to use.

Looking forward to more videos Leon. You have a new subscriber.

Too cute!

BTW, how mesmerising is the RTA?

I absolutely love it! I am an engineer so it really works with my mindset. I am still learning how to properly use it, but so far it looks to be a real eye opener for me in terms of dialing in my tone better.

Back
Top Bottom