Wish III SE

flash6

Inspired
The Mark II looks like it is going to be yet another amazing product from FAS.

Here's something I've been thinking for a while, and I haven't seen the concept mentioned here, so here goes.

Since the recent Axe Edit enhancements to the Setup screens, I never touch the front panel (with the exceptions of the power switch and the output level knobs). I don't even look at it. I use either Axe Edit at home or my FC6 when I'm out.

If I had a box with the power switch, ins / outs, output level knobs, and the horse power of the III, I'd be set.

That's right...No display...No navigation...No lights. I don't need 'em.

And I know that seems to be against the trend of more lights, more colorful display, etc.

I truly don't mean this as a complaint - I think the III is amazing as is and I won't be parting with mine. I am only suggesting that there may be a market for a stripped down, cheaper "student edition".

Thanks for reading.

The Mark II looks like it is going to be yet another amazing product from FAS.

Here's something I've been thinking for a while, and I haven't seen the concept mentioned here, so here goes.

Since the recent Axe Edit enhancements to the Setup screens, I never touch the front panel (with the exceptions of the power switch and the output level knobs). I don't even look at it. I use either Axe Edit at home or my FC6 when I'm out.

If I had a box with the power switch, ins / outs, output level knobs, and the horse power of the III, I'd be set.

That's right...No display...No navigation...No lights. I don't need 'em.

And I know that seems to be against the trend of more lights, more colorful display, etc.

I truly don't mean this as a complaint - I think the III is amazing as is and I won't be parting with mine. I am only suggesting that there may be a market for a stripped down, cheaper "student edition".

Thanks for reading.
Plastic case???

I can totally see this as a studio tool.
A lot of gear today does not require more than a few LCD characters to check status. Everything done remotely with a few LEDs for signal and output volume knobs.
I'd never take it on a gig, but I'd love to have it on my studio rack!

I was thinking it’d be neat to have something sort of like this. Maybe with a smaller screen and a couple controls, like an Axe FX Slim, like a 1U unit or a 2U tall but 1/2 width unit, with the power of the FM3 as a smaller “fly rig” rack unit, or the studio guys that’ll only use Axe Edit. Something like that would be and awesome more portable backup to a full sized Axe too

Was my post unclear?

I don't use the front panel, ever. Axe Edit rules.
Your post was clear, I just don't see a marke
I was thinking it’d be neat to have something sort of like this. Maybe with a smaller screen and a couple controls, like an Axe FX Slim, like a 1U unit or a 2U tall but 1/2 width unit, with the power of the FM3 as a smaller “fly rig” rack unit, or the studio guys that’ll only use Axe Edit. Something like that would be and awesome more portable backup to a full sized Axe too
You would need a FC6 to control it, which is the same size as the FM3. So instead of one unit, the FM3, you would need 2 pieces of equipment

Your post was clear, I just don't see a marke
You would need a FC6 to control it, which is the same size as the FM3. So instead of one unit, the FM3, you would need 2 pieces of equipment
Well having it in a rack would keep it off the floor, some people like that, and if it were a backup to an Axe Fx III, then it would just be a swap of an FC cable at a gig. Or it’d just be a smaller rack to carry, also I just really like 1U sized gear for some reason 😝

No screen, wifi Axe-Edit touchscreen on your phone or tablet would be nice. Idea mentioned many times over the years.

If it works for all those rackmount digital mixers it should be workable for a guitar processor.

Personally, I'd still want a screen and controls but I was hoping someday a MK2 might come out where they used a different control arrangement and slightly smaller screen, so it could all be fit into a 2U rack.

Last edited:
I have the AxeFX III for home studio and the FM3 for stage. But..... I would absolutely gig/fly with a faceless FracBox + FC-6. A PC/Mac/iOS app for user interface and editing (hardwired + wireless) would be awesome. That format is working for a lot of other gear, and plenty of folks are already using iPads on stage for charts, set lists, controlling mixers etc.

I wouldn't even want it in a rack, just an amp-top mini-head-like box about half the size of the III. Needs to have the color changing logo on it though! ;)

Faceless model would definitely be great as rarely use the awesome front panel over AxeEdit. My wish would be adding hardwired networking so no dependency on wifi or bluetooth. This is my long standing wish for all AxeFX models actually is just plug into network and not have to deal with USB or the Silix USB/network hubs currently using. All my racks already have a router for x32, Shure Wireless, etc. so would be plugin and go

Back
Top Bottom