• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Wish III SE

SacredGroove

Inspired
I have had similar thoughts about another version of axe-fx. My version would just be a stripped down version of the Axe III that would fit into a 1u chassis, 2x2 in/out, and amp modeling consisting of only the FAS models, USB for axe-edit, FC compatibility and I’d be happy. Call it AXE-FX Ltd or something.

Piing

Fractal Fanatic
Eventide H9000: $7,000

Eventide H9000R: $5,000

Though, I have heard people regretting of buying the blindfolded version, because the software works through Ethernet only, and it seems like it is a PITA to configure

Last edited:

Stratman68

Fractal Fanatic
I am still waiting for the FM3 Edit to be fully functional-as in NEVER need the front panel--unless you want to. Been wishing for a long time (AX8 back then) I'll just keep on wishing.
Even in a home studio it is ridiculous to have to bend down under daw desk or try to pull the FM3 up onto your lap, et, etc. Maybe someday!

MicroMort

Inspired
I don’t use any buttons or knobs on my axeIII. I have adjusted a few things maybe twice in the 8 months I’ve had it. There are dozens like me..... dozens!

The possibilities for bands to travel lighter could be another upside outside of the studio. A group could have three Axes in say maybe 3U rather than a full 9U, especially if all of their switching is done via MIDI. Also an Axe FX with Dante capabilities could be cool, audio over the network, or even routable as a plugin in the board if it also has Dante ins

luckymethod

Who would buy a Axe lll with no screen to navigate?
Honestly me. The on-unit UI is horrendous and I do everything I can with the editor. If the editor was extended to do 100% of what the unit can do right now then I would buy a faceless unit on the spot, considering the only thing I need from the actual unit is a light that tells me it's on.

Said that, it really doesn't make a lot of commercial sense to do that :)

flash6

Honestly me. The on-unit UI is horrendous and I do everything I can with the editor. If the editor was extended to do 100% of what the unit can do right now then I would buy a faceless unit on the spot, considering the only thing I need from the actual unit is a light that tells me it's on.
👍

Said that, it really doesn't make a lot of commercial sense to do that :)
I dunno about that. Take @Piing's example. The faceless Eventide is ~ 28% lower in price. Let's just say Fractal could also cut 28% off the price with a faceless unit. That would be around $1,500. That's < Helix. I think it would sell fast.

JayCM800XL

Experienced
LOL "Axe Cloud", access from anywhere there's an internet connection! Download your tones and setlist straight to FOH! No need to carry S#!+!

Top Bottom