AFIII IIC++/5150 Metal Fun

RevDrucifer

Fractal Fanatic
This is just an edited clip I made at the request of someone on TGP, but I figured I’d toss it up here as well.

It’s two sections from a song I wrote 20 years ago but am currently re-recording as I always dug the tune. Actually, it just dawned on me now that this is the first original song I ever wrote. Anywho-

Guitars are quad tracked, no post-EQ or anything yet, these are just the bed tracks. All I did was slap a compressor on my master buss for some glue. I don’t bother tweaking anything mix-wise until the vocals are finished, which I should get done this weekend.

IIC++ on the right
Block Letter 5150 (Boosted) on the left
Lead is the IC++ boosted, wah, delay and reverb

Guitar is my Solar E-type with an Evertune, which is the only reason I quad tracked it; I wanted to see if I could pull it off without checking my tuning once between takes and it held up! I love that damn bridge!! The solo was my JEM and I used the Virtual Capo to drop it down a step since the song is in Drop-C.

Bass is my Spector Pulse, it’s a blend of a JCM800 into an 8x10 and a DI. All the balls is coming from the DI, just using the 800 for some grit (it’s fully distorted but you can’t tell in the mix).

When I get home tonight I’ll post the presets, these might be two of the only heavy presets I have that are using stock IR’s, but I could be wrong about that.

Edit- Sorry it took so long to upload these. Unfortunately, I was wrong about using stock IR's; I've got a York DV77 in the IIC++ preset and a Framus V30 57 in the 5150 block (no clue where I got that or who made it, but it's mixed with a 4x12 Recto 4047 E cab, which is a factory one)

Mesa's Are For Fully Grown Men- IIC++ is in Scenes 1/2 (rhythm and lead). The other scenes are a MKIV and a Triaxis and sounded like crap when I just tried them. I'm assuming I dialed those in with my Fishman equipped guitar.

Heavy Balls is a VH4, Uberschall and the 5150....the 5150 scene is the only one I really use (though the Ubershall sounds pretty brutal with the same IR's)

Attachments

• Heavy Balls.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Mesa's Are For Fully Grown Men.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom