Ignore scene change

kavevester

Inspired
Using scenes I sometimes want a block to stay in the state it is in despite change of scene is the opposite. Can I do this?

Could be the reverb should stay on when changing from scn 2 to 3 although scn 3 init is off.

Could it be as simple as engaging the Scene Ignore button? In the right bottom corner...
1656091105390-png.103936

I want it to ignore when switching scene in relation to on/off but not the individual settings for that particular scene.
So when I manual switch the drive on in scene 2 it has to, of cause, take the settings from scene 2 but just dont want the on/off to follow scene or last state..

A block channel is always in some state, which includes all its settings, including on/off. Scene ignore keeps it from following scene changes, but doesn't uncouple on/off from the rest of the block's settings.

I'm not super familiar with scene controllers, but you * might * be able to use them to enable and disable a block per scene while it was set to scene ignore. I'm not sure about that, don't use them myself so far, and it's also possible that scene controllers just can't override bypass state, it's inherently controlled by scenes.

If that's the case, you might be able to use scene controllers to have the same effect as bypass, by controlling the mix parameter, or a separate vol/pan or multiplexer block.

I want it to ignore when switching scene in relation to on/off but not the individual settings for that particular scene.
So when I manual switch the drive on in scene 2 it has to, of cause, take the settings from scene 2 but just dont want the on/off to follow scene or last state..
Not how Scene Ignore works, though...

When you use a Control Switch to engage/bypass, with CS Per Scene set to Last, with a channel per scene, you can change scenes but keep the engage/bypass state of the block.

When you use a Control Switch to engage/bypass, with CS Per Scene set to Last, with a channel per scene, you can change scenes but keep the engage/bypass state of the block.
But that doesn't carry the channel as with Scene Ignore.

The OP wants to use Scene Ignore except for the Bypass, which isn't possible.

Edit:

See my next post. The OP's request is actually not clear enough to answer.

Last edited:
These two things seem to contradic each other:
Using scenes I sometimes want a block to stay in the state it is in despite change of scene is the opposite. Can I do this?

Could be the reverb should stay on when changing from scn 2 to 3 although scn 3 init is off.

I want to make sure your request is clear so we can provide the best answer.

In the following scenario:
  • Scene 1, Drive block on channel A and turned OFF
  • Scene 2, Drive block on channel B and turned OFF
  • You are in scene 1
  • Turn Drive ON
  • Change to scene 2
Which do you desire?
  1. Drive will be on channel A and will be ON
  2. Drive will be on channel B and will be ON
  3. Drive will be on channel A and will be OFF
#1 can be achieved by setting Scene Ignore on the Drive block for channel B.

#2 can be achieved with a Control Switch assigned to Bypass of the Drive block (for all channels) with Control Switch Per Scene set to LAST for Scene 2.

#3 is not possible.

Back
Top Bottom