iFace for Redwirez is now available

Wow all great info guys, I really don't know much about AxeFX, other than it's a really well done product.

In terms of using reaper to mix IR files...We have another less known (freeware) product that does live on the fly convolution, so you can send the up to 2 separate stereo tracks to it, and it will convolve them on the fly...Its a way that you can audition your mixture in real time. Not sure if that applies though or if it is just a repeat of what the reaper convolver is already doing in this scenario..
http://www.acmebargig.com/product/ir-a-live2/

So, what you guys are describing is something that we'll make a modification to in order to support you all here as well, Its very similar to our newest addition to Head Case called Cab lab and AXON.
Here's the description I gave to the pre-purchasers forum
The Cab Lab interface is almost identical to Tonal correction. So what happens is you select a up to 4 IR files and set their MIX. You then define nine steps, a step represents a single IR file, and is used to interact with the mic distance control. Each step has its own set of properties defined by mic distance. So, the first step for example would represent the mic being pulled back 1 inch. You use the EQ and filters to make that particular IR file sound however you want. Once you have all nine steps created, you define the off axis behaviour of each step. Off axis behaviour is another set of filters that you adjust to make the off axis IR files sound the way you want them too.
Click generate...

Cab Lab generates 36 Impulse response files and names them appropriately for use with our AXON Cab interface. So when you select a cab to use, AXON will function identically to the way iFace works, but they are your CABS! You own the library. I'm not sure how derivitive laws would apply though..
AXON is the new Cab convolver to be rolled out shortly.

Sound right? It would not have the iFace controls, but it would do your mixing for you..
I know what you guys want, so leave it with me and I'll for sure add it to the to do list, it would probably be good if it were to save SYX files directly too and save you guys an extra step.

No promises though, all I can say is I'll try..

Hey Guys, just a heads up for those of you who are part of the Head Case(Shred 2) pre-purchase. The updated iFace 1.07 has been pre-released to you for testing.

This version of iFace has the new Save selection as IR file. So, make your cab selection, Mic selection, distances etc, apply eq, ambient room sound, Then you can save that as a new IR file..(Don't thank us for that, Thank Redwirez, they were very cool about allowing us to build that in for you all.)

You also now have the ability to move the Tonal Correction(now called the Boobulator) to eq the selected IR files before they go into the convolver, or you can have it act on the signal after the convolver. The eq gets applied to the saved IR file either way. However, eq'ing before the convolver is the right way to go. This is because if you save an IR where the signal is eq'd after the convolver, you will not know what it sounds like and how it will react to the convolution process when you load it back up. At least if you EQ before convolution, you know essentially what to expect.

There is also a new Cab Blend slider that allows you easy access to blending your cab selections. This came about because some people found it a bit of a pain to keep opening the cab properties and having to adjust the level on each cab to get a mix they like.

Also the Uberkab v30's has been added as well.

Anyways, Its ready now...

See you at the forum..
KM

I'm dying to try this. I installed it and open it in Studio One (the program opens fine), I "Set Redwirez Path" (directing the program to the folder that was created when I installed the RW impulses), then hit the "Scan Refresh" button.............but it never finds the cabs. Everything still show NA before the cab and nothing is available. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I've reinstalled the RW impulses and I've reinstalled the iFace program with no success.

p

Peter
If it is Windows 7, you have to run the 'SetRedWirezFolder.exe' as an administrator. Its located to the path where iFace is installed. This will correctly set the path. If that fails, simply open the 'RedwiresLocation.dat' file in any text editor (not a word processor, but a text editor like notepad) and type in the path to the Redwirez Folder. All the 'SetRedWirezFolder.exe' does is add the path to the redwirez folder in this file anyways..

Here is the correct path structure..
RedwirezPath%20copy.png

If you have any more trouble feel free to contact me..
-Ken

Ken, thanks so much for the help. I was indeed using a machine with Windows 7. I'll give that a try tonight!

Thanks again for the help,

p

KenMcLaren said:
Hey Guys, just a heads up for those of you who are part of the Head Case(Shred 2) pre-purchase. The updated iFace 1.07 has been pre-released to you for testing.

This version of iFace has the new Save selection as IR file. So, make your cab selection, Mic selection, distances etc, apply eq, ambient room sound, Then you can save that as a new IR file..(Don't thank us for that, Thank Redwirez, they were very cool about allowing us to build that in for you all.)

You also now have the ability to move the Tonal Correction(now called the Boobulator) to eq the selected IR files before they go into the convolver, or you can have it act on the signal after the convolver. The eq gets applied to the saved IR file either way. However, eq'ing before the convolver is the right way to go. This is because if you save an IR where the signal is eq'd after the convolver, you will not know what it sounds like and how it will react to the convolution process when you load it back up. At least if you EQ before convolution, you know essentially what to expect.

There is also a new Cab Blend slider that allows you easy access to blending your cab selections. This came about because some people found it a bit of a pain to keep opening the cab properties and having to adjust the level on each cab to get a mix they like.

Also the Uberkab v30's has been added as well.

Anyways, Its ready now...

See you at the forum..
KM

Thanks for adding the new features sounds fantastic! Just downloaded v1.07 can't wait to have a crack :)

Yep just remember that this version will add 256 samples of latency to the start of saved IR files. Thats why is it not fully released yet. We're going to fix that and a couple other things and release..So, I guess in the meantime you'll have to remove them with a wave editor..
KM

That's cool. Not sure if i'm missing something here. I'm using sonar 32bit on Win7 x64 and iFace is generating 0kb wav files when I click generate. The files are then locked in windows until i close down sonar. I tried running both with and without Admin rights. Strange that it creates the file but there is no size. Any ideas?

Cheers

Spence

Also am I correct in thinking that if you want to boobulate your IR you can only do so at 100% mix? Also when you click the boobulate button the new tone you hear will be representative of the sound of the IR once convolved?

Thanks

Spence

Hi Ken,

looks like your last post didn't get ported over. I have not yet had chance to test your suggestions. I'll have a crack tonight.

Cheers

Spence

Is there any possibility of a Mac version at some point? I'm running ProTools, but I imagine I could find a VST wrapper to run this in if a Mac version came to life.

Terry.

I just want to say that this program is great! Absolutely essential to me, there is no way I ever would have had the time or patience to go through all the Redwirez impulses otherwise..............in fact I've had seven different RW IRs for about a year now and have spent almost no time with them because I found going through them to be so inefficient and time consuming that I couldn't be bothered. With iFace you can actually get through all the variations for an IR in very little time, it's an excellent program. This is a MUST purchase item if you have any of the Redwirez library.

p

Back
Top Bottom