Power User
Yes it's here.

Trial/Demo:
http://www.acmebargig.com/product/iface-trial/

From GuitarAmpModeling forum:

Ken McLaren said:
Introducing…
iFacePostingTitle.png

For those of you who have the AWESOME Redwirez cabinet library, you know how much of a PITA it is to navigate and load cabinets. After all, there’s 180,000 + individual Impulse response files. It’s a vast array of options to be sure.

The task of selecting the browse button, finding the library, deciding on a cabinet, deciding on a mic… Wait! It doesn’t stop there, now you have to decide on a distance. One inch, two inches, three inches? Do I want the mic on or off axis? Should it be on the cone, cap, cap edge, or the cone edge? If you get that selection wrong, you’re back to square one. Click the browse button again, and keep repeating the above steps…

iFace%201.05%20Screen1%20small.png

iFace takes care of that for you. Select a cabinet, and or a mic, and then iFace does the rest. Simply moving the controls locates and loads the correct cabinet file. Its simple and a more natural way to select a cabinet.

All you need to do is have a Redwirez cabinet installed to its default “factory” path, Then tell iFace where it is. After that just select what cab and mic you want, then go about moving the controls..
Want the mic at three inches away from the cabinet? Then slide the mic three inches away from the cabinet…Want it off axis? Then select off axis… Pretty simple...

iFace also supports the matched ambient mics of the Redwirez library. Most cabinets in the Redwirez library also contain Impulse response files of mics placed at ambient locations throughout the studio. These are also available through the Ambient mics selection menu. Once again, these are "matched" and what WE mean by matched is, the ambient mics are recordings of the cabinet you have selected, Not a recording of a balloon pop or starter pistol...

There are plenty more features, but we'll let you explore and find them yourself. If you have any trouble, or questions, feel free to post here as we'll be regularly monitoring this thread to provide support to you. If you like you can also obtain support directly from the iFace discussion at the AcmeBarGig forums here.
http://www.acmebargig.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=1259

Thanks for reading and checking it out...

If you are part of the Shred 2 Pre-purchase group, don't bother downloading this, your fully registered no nag screen version is waiting for you at the forum...Enjoy and thanks.. Remember, we said this was included with the pre-purchase

For those of you that already have the Redwirez Cabinet library, iFace can be downloaded at the following link now. We don't make you register or any of that other PITA stuff that is usually associated with free downloads.
http://www.acmebargig.com/product/iface-trial/
Don't forget to read the manual! Its 65 pages, but most of it is the Redwirez IR matrix which tells you what cabinet IR's are included.

For those of you that do not have the Redwirez cabinet library, Redwirez have been gracious enough to provide you with a freeware cabinet. You can get it here..
http://www.redwirez.com/free1960g12m25s.jsp?ref=home

Known issues
I want to post about known issues here as we did not have time to address these before release. They are being worked on right now though.

SONAR all versions 64 bit
Description:
There is an issue with the plugin automatically loading presets on saved projects.

In depth:
If you add iFace to a track, when you open the project at a later time, iFace will have "forgotten" your selections.

Temporary work around:
Save the iFace preset and load it on the recorded track. Please do test this work around though as any information you can give us on this issue will be helpful.

DISCLAIMER:
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners. The names of the manufacturers and their model designations are used only to identify the speakers, cabinets and microphones measured in the development of our software, and the corresponding impulse response library. They do not in any way imply any association with or endorsement by any of the named manufacturers. We do not guarantee this product will create, and may not create, the same sound you may get from using any of the cabinets, microphones or speakers referred to in the iFace software, or the impulse response library.

;)

Very cool... but does it do anything with the Axe-FX? That looks like a DAW plug for managing the wav side of it all.

An Ax version of a program like this would be fantastic!! I hope the new edit has some features that make the whole user cab scenario alot more user friendly.

Scott Peterson said:
Very cool... but does it do anything with the Axe-FX? That looks like a DAW plug for managing the wav side of it all.

It's a VST plug.
It's totally awesome for auditioning and finding the "right" Redwirez IR

In my book, this is "the" way to audition the massive amount of IR's Redwirez offer.
Just send the AMP signal without the CAB block to your DAW.
Load this thing and start flipping IR's on the fly while playing your guitar.

;)

AndrewSimon said:
Scott Peterson said:

It's a VST plug.

In my book, this is "the" way to audition the massive amount of IR's Redwirez offer.

;)

Don't get me wrong, it is a very cool approach and makes it easier to 'get' the concept. No doubt there!

Just be cool to see this sort of 'management' like the other guy here is also doing to sort/find/load into the Axe-FX.

The issue I have is that I mix my own IR's up and neither solution would really 'help' me. Nothing else meant! Honest.

Scott Peterson said:
AndrewSimon said:
[quote="Scott Peterson":romy2bv3]Very cool... but does it do anything with the Axe-FX? That looks like a DAW plug for managing the wav side of it all.

It's a VST plug.

;)

Don't get me wrong, it is a very cool approach and makes it easier to 'get' the concept. No doubt there!

Just be cool to see this sort of 'management' like the other guy here is also doing to sort/find/load into the Axe-FX.

The issue I have is that I mix my own IR's up and neither solution would really 'help' me. Nothing else meant! Honest.[/quote:romy2bv3]

It can be done.
It takes more DAW know-how but you can load 2-3 or even 5 instances of
iFace in parallel to mix impulses "live and on the fly"

:idea:

+1 This plug is so awesome...i love the way you can drag the mic around and actively blend ambient mics in...

try it in your DAW...nothing to lose! It has made my IR auditioning so fast and enjoyable...

Pretty cool idea and nice visual aid for selecting your IR's. The developer must be a RUSH fan, notice the price...$21.12. Clever! :lol:

It looks cool, but I can't get the damn thing to work. I'm not sure if I need to have a certain sample rate / bit-rate combo on the impulse wav files at the location I point to (I believe I deleted all the options I wasn't using and just left one), but I've pointed it to the location of the RedWirez folder - or of 1 cab folder within it - several times and it still always says (NA) next to that cab. And all cabs. So I've got nothing working. Although strangely it is coloring the sound even though I have no impulses apparently.

I would really like to try this audibly before spending $20.

Who do I email for help?

I'll try re-downloading the zips from RedWire to see if that helps. Maybe it's 'cuz I'm missing the appropriately named folders like "44k 16-bit" etc. I'll report back if that works or not.

AndrewSimon said:
You did hit the "SCAN/REFRESH" button after selecting the RW folder..... right?

:?:
Yeah man, I got it figured out. I found the intruction manual hahaha (PDF) in the install folder. I did have to re-download the stuff from RedWirez because I moved around folders and stuff to simplify my browsing from Kefir before.

Works now :) I gotta say this is really cool. Definitely going to buy it in a couple weeks.

This is a pretty awesome little tool thanks for putting me on to it :) All it needs now is a "dump to IR mix" function so that we can save our mixes and then upload to the AxeFX without messing about.

Well someone should educate me what the "dump to IR" does. Does that mean make a blend of your selected IR files and create a new one out of it?

That can be done...BUT, I'll have to look into the legalities of doing it.

Anyways guys, thanks and I'm glad you're finding it useful...also, just to note, there is an update coming very shortly as the released version does not support the Uberkab v30s. The new update will.
-Ken

KenMcLaren said:
Well someone should educate me what the "dump to IR" does. Does that mean make a blend of your selected IR files and create a new one out of it?

Anyways guys, thanks and I'm glad you're finding it useful...also, just to note, there is an update coming very shortly as the released version does not support the Uberkab v30s. The new update will.
-Ken

:cool: I was going to sign up to your forums tonight and do just that. You hit the nail on the head with regards to the "dump to IR" idea. At present it's all possible via the Redwirez website using their MixIR under the user section but it would be awesome if you could mix your IR in iFace and then export to the results to a single IR for uploading into the AxeFX, especially if it could include the EQ section of iFace in the results. I'm going to have a play tonight and see if I can do this manually using a full range sweep and deconvolver. Looking forward to the update and thanks again for a great product!

Spence

So, If we were to take the settings that you are currently using, then hit save IR button. It saves an IR of the sound that you currently are using. Then that IR gets loaded into AxeFX. Is that how it would work?

Wat size IR does it need to be?

I need to get an AxeFX so I know what I'm talking about..haha

KenMcLaren said:
So, If we were to take the settings that you are currently using, then hit save IR button. It saves an IR of the sound that you currently are using. Then that IR gets loaded into AxeFX. Is that how it would work?

Wat size IR does it need to be?

I need to get an AxeFX so I know what I'm talking about..haha

Yes. At present if I want to create a custom IR based on the Redwire collection I create my mix recipe such as this

Uberkab-V30-TC30-CapEdge-0in.wav,0.45
Uberkab-V30-SM57-CapEdgeOffAxis-2in.wav,0.45
Uberkab-T75V30-TC30-Back-12in.wav,0.05
Uberkab-T75V30-TC30-RoomL.wav,0.025
Uberkab-T75V30-TC30-RoomR.wav,0.025

(The number at the end is the percentage to which each IR will be mixed in the final cab.

I then log in to the Redwire site and go to the MixIR page under my user account. I then paste this into the available box and the redwire site will generate a 24-bit 48khz wav and and AxeFX (syx) version of the IR.

It would be really neat if I could setup iFace in my DAW tweak the cab settings in real-time and once happy export either an IR of the chosen cab or a mix recipe similar to the one above.

FYI

The AxeFX has 10 user IR slots each slot holds a single 24-bit 48khz 1024-point IR. Before we can upload we have to convert from WAV to SYX for which I use AlbertA's converter (http://guitarlogic.org/index.php?topic=6630.0) we can then upload to the AxeFX using the Axe-Edit software provided by Fractal Audio.

I hope I have explained myself clearly if not then please let me know and I'll try again :)

Spence

Mike (redwire) from Red wires has released a Reaper project in which you can mix IRs just like tracks.
Reapers built in convolver-reverb plugin can load the .wav IRs (preferably the truncated ones, so you audition at the length they play in the Axe-FX), you can load a track with some amped but cab-less guitar playing to mix, add (cab-IR loaded) reverb tracks connected to it and even a backing track to mix in context. The project has a renderscript of sorts to render the final reverb-tracks into a new .wav IR. Which you can then convert to a .syx with Alberta's app and load into the Axe-FX.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=12062&start=9

Would be awesome if we could use this iFace instead of Reapers reverb plugs! Seems like we can. no?

And, if Reaper can do it, other DAWs should too, shouldn't they.

What are the restrictions on this trial? Is it time-based like 30 days? 7 days? Until final release? Or just the nag screen indefinitely? (Don't worry, getting rid of nag screens is worth the money).
I won't be using it within the next week, so should I better wait?

Edit: found the answer to the next q by going in the front door: What will it cost when it's available? $21,12.
Included with Head-case for $26,35. (who makes up these numbers...?) So for about $5 you get the head-case app along with it.

KenMcLaren said:

-Ken

The AXE-FX needs a 48KHz 24bit wave file that is converted to a SYX type file.
There are 2 converters, one was released by Fractal:
http://fractalaudio.com/Documents/ir2syx.zip
The other by Albert:
http://guitarlogic.org/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=0

Both work good, Albert utility creates SYX files that are 3-6 dB louder.

Since iFace is a "for profit" utility, you will need to ask permission to use
there in your plug. (I don't think it will be a problem)

;)

Back
Top Bottom