If you're not sure...the FM9 is a beast!

AxefxIII in the rack at home and an AX8 on my board. I’m really looking forward to designing presets at my desk on the AXEFXIII and loading them onto the FM9. It’s my biggest drawback to making presets on the AX8. I made initial presets for my bands and never really continued further. Was always too much trouble to get the board out and tweak. Now all I will need to do is load the presets into the FM9.

AxefxIII in the rack at home and an AX8 on my board. I’m really looking forward to designing presets at my desk on the AXEFXIII and loading them onto the FM9. It’s my biggest drawback to making presets on the AX8. I made initial presets for my bands and never really continued further. Was always too much trouble to get the board out and tweak. Now all I will need to do is load the presets into the FM9.
I currently own and gig with an axfx III and FC12. I just got the invite to purchase the FM9. I’m interested to hear your experience going from III to 9. Same quality of tone? I don’t use very complex presets but I do have a few that have synth blocks and a lot of pitch block use. I also use virtual capo to tune down for certain heavy rock tones. Ax III nails all that stuff. Same with the FM9? Also, interested in hearing how you can create presets on the III in Axe edit and then transport to the 9. I’m assuming you can use axe edit III correct?

I currently own and gig with an axfx III and FC12. I just got the invite to purchase the FM9. I’m interested to hear your experience going from III to 9. Same quality of tone? I don’t use very complex presets but I do have a few that have synth blocks and a lot of pitch block use. I also use virtual capo to tune down for certain heavy rock tones. Ax III nails all that stuff. Same with the FM9? Also, interested in hearing how you can create presets on the III in Axe edit and then transport to the 9. I’m assuming you can use axe edit III correct?
Hey there. I posted my first impression of the FM9 and it has so far been stellar. I cant speak on the specific things you ask because I’m rushing to get this ready for gigs.

So far, my initial experience has exceeded tonal expectations. I did hear a significant difference between the two but I attribute that to sending the FM9 thru mic Pres and my AxefxIII is SPDIF. It just sounded noticeably better. So far, I’ve managed to set up my rock band preset at home and man did it sound fantastic at my first gig with it. I pulled up a stock preset for my country band (I think its called modern country). I have not even heard it yet but I did program the buttons for it the way I want them. I’ll be able to tweak that in the late morning tomorrow for a 2pm gig. I really have zero time lately. Work got beyond crazy for me.

I envision exporting presets out of AXE-Edit and importing into FM9 Edit. Should work that easily.

I’m not really going from a III to an FM9. The III was always a studio tool on my desk and never sees the light of day. I’m really going from an AX8 to an FM9, and the step up is as expected, quite significant.

Hey there. I posted my first impression of the FM9 and it has so far been stellar. I cant speak on the specific things you ask because I’m rushing to get this ready for gigs.

So far, my initial experience has exceeded tonal expectations. I did hear a significant difference between the two but I attribute that to sending the FM9 thru mic Pres and my AxefxIII is SPDIF. It just sounded noticeably better. So far, I’ve managed to set up my rock band preset at home and man did it sound fantastic at my first gig with it. I pulled up a stock preset for my country band (I think its called modern country). I have not even heard it yet but I did program the buttons for it the way I want them. I’ll be able to tweak that in the late morning tomorrow for a 2pm gig. I really have zero time lately. Work got beyond crazy for me.

I envision exporting presets out of AXE-Edit and importing into FM9 Edit. Should work that easily.

I’m not really going from a III to an FM9. The III was always a studio tool on my desk and never sees the light of day. I’m really going from an AX8 to an FM9, and the step up is as expected, quite significant.
Very helpful. Thanks

Perception is a funny thing. I did not need the FM9. I was perfectly happy with my AX8. It worked just fine and continued to put coin in my pocket. I was happy with the sound and the abilities. I got the FM9 because I could, I wanted it and my personality easily buys into hype. Being who I am, I couldn’t NOT get the FM9.

The FM9 is just betterer in every way so far. The only downside is I had to lose an expression pedal to fit it on my board. If I ever get a 3 week lull in gigging again (no time soon it seems) I’ll send it out to best-tronics and have them wire it all up on a new slightly bigger board, but I’m more than fine for now with 2 pedals.
Point of my post is you can be so happy with something…….until something better comes along. And in this case better is significantly better. I’m thrilled with this purchase.

Back
Top Bottom