If you're considering the Yamaha DXR10...

Thanks for the reply, maybe they are better suited than the qsc I tried, it's tough to gage when they are highly similar, Thanks again
In my post #5 above, I mention why I like them. I've mentioned in other threads that I tried out a ton of different powered speakers and the DXR's were the most versatile for playing Guitar, Bass and Music. The QSC were very harsh when played loud and caused me ear fatigue. I mentioned in my post #9 above that the Harbinger VARI V2310, V2312 and V2315 powered speakers are great for anyone on a budget and they have built in EQ which is helpful. If I didn't have my DXR's I'd buy the Harbinger because they sound good, have great features and half the cost. This is all my personal opinion. Also, I put my speakers on stands at ear level, so I don't have to crank the volume to hear them. A lot of places I used to play had horrible monitors, so I put one speaker on my side and one on the bassist's side, so he could hear me and I'd take a direct out of the bass amp and plug that into my Speaker, so I could hear the bassist. I'd sometimes get a ground loop and have to use the ground lift on the bass amp.

When I was shopping for FRFR speakers, my Sweetwater sales rep recommended the DXR speakers over QSC.

Thanks for the reply, maybe they are better suited than the qsc I tried, it's tough to gage when they are highly similar, Thanks again
I sold my QSC 10's, Don't remember which model they were but they were $699 each........Too harsh for me. I play mostly Strats and Teles........

In my post #5 above, I mention why I like them. I've mentioned in other threads that I tried out a ton of different powered speakers and the DXR's were the most versatile for playing Guitar, Bass and Music. The QSC were very harsh when played loud and caused me ear fatigue. I mentioned in my post #9 above that the Harbinger VARI V2310, V2312 and V2315 powered speakers are great for anyone on a budget and they have built in EQ which is helpful. If I didn't have my DXR's I'd buy the Harbinger because they sound good, have great features and half the cost. This is all my personal opinion. Also, I put my speakers on stands at ear level, so I don't have to crank the volume to hear them. A lot of places I used to play had horrible monitors, so I put one speaker on my side and one on the bassist's side, so he could hear me and I'd take a direct out of the bass amp and plug that into my Speaker, so I could hear the bassist. I'd sometimes get a ground loop and have to use the ground lift on the bass amp.
Thanks! Very helpful!!!

Back
Top Bottom