If your MFC-101 doesn’t power up as usual, check this first before anything else

Amped

I found that on power up my board didn’t go through the usual sequence of booting and timed out read on the display. I thought the board was dead as it wasn’t usable at all. The only lights that lit up were the top
Row and the display. I took the back cover off to find the 2 of the flat ribbon cables had fallen off the switch boards. I put them back on, wedged a small piece off foam that has 3m tape on one side and put them under all the flat ribbon cables so it doesn’t happen again. All is working as it should again. So if you think your board is dead, pop the cover off to make sure all the flat ribbon cables are pushed in all the way and secure. I would imagine this happened due to moving the board from gig to gig and vibration over time. Just thought I’d share this with MFC users.

Thanks. No problems here, but I always read posts like this 'just in case.' I appreciate people who take the time to post stuff like this so that one day, someone will search up their problem and find something like this that just might save their gig!

Thanks guys..I wish it was the ribbons tbh ..tried everything else and really annoying that this Midi Time-out or numbers XX1 fault has rendered a very expensive controller useless..Is there anyone who can actually repair these things as no one has come up with a difinitive answer to the fault.

Have you tried all the previous fixes(list what youve tried) to this problem. New cable... I/O menu check. Search through the forum and also google. Post up if you get a fix as it always helps.

Back
Top Bottom