IF YOU READ NOTHING ELSE, READ THIS!

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
If you are one of those who refuses to read manuals or search for information at least read this:

99% OF THE TIME THE PROBLEM IS A CABLE OR CONNECTOR.

I used to have this on a sign in my office at my old job. Whenever a salesman or tech would come into my office all panicked I would point to the sign.

One day a sales technician came into my office and said "The System 5000 down at NOAA has failed. You gotta fly down there and fix it". I pointed to the sign. He says "No, they checked all the cables and connectors and they're sure something failed. They're getting telemetry errors". I pointed to the sign again.

A couple hours he comes back all sheepish and says "Uh, yeah, turns out someone ran over the deck cable with a forklift and didn't tell anyone. They replaced the cable and it's working fine now".

If you are one of those who refuses to read manuals or search for information at least read this:

I used to have this on a sign in my office at my old job. Whenever a salesman or tech would come into my office all panicked I would point to the sign.

One day a sales technician came into my office and said "The System 5000 down at NOAA has failed. You gotta fly down there and fix it". I pointed to the sign. He says "No, they checked all the cables and connectors and they're sure something failed. They're getting telemetry errors". I pointed to the sign again.

A couple hours he comes back all sheepish and says "Uh, yeah, turns out someone ran over the deck cable with a forklift and didn't tell anyone. They replaced the cable and it's working fine now".

if we had a picture on the cover of the manual we probably wouldn't have to read it. remember the golden rule.... pictures for him, words for her :)

LOVE IT !!! So funny I used to do something very similar in my office. Except when they walked in, before they would say anything, I would just say it's pilot error. And would they look at me with a really crazy look. What do you mean pilot error? Another words it was ALWAYS something they did or didn't do, or a broken or missing cable. Always something so simple to solve if the JUST READ once in a while !!

When the Axe boots up, it should display: "RTFM !!!" and then ask a couple of questions you have to answer correctly before you can use it... ;-)
Raise your hand if:

You just sat in front of your computer and stared at a black screen.

Cursed the computer for not booting up fast enough........
🤚 I've done that and then realized that I turned the screen brightness all the way off.

I remember when I once worked at a firm on the night shift someone called out the maintainance engineer because a machine wasn't working, when he arrived he found that someone had unplugged it to plug the radio in

Back in the day when I had to do CS (I had been hired as a DBA), the #1 response to any problem was, ”Please unplug it, wait for a minute, plug it back in and tell me what happens.” They’d usually reply, “That worked!” Yup.

Back
Top Bottom