IF YOU READ NOTHING ELSE, READ THIS!

Not on a single port... But it definitely supports bi-directional midi.

Honestly that makes upgrading significantly less attractive. Along with the extra rack space. At least it's lighter.

I suppose that's the same for the FM3... no reason why it would be different.

Honestly that makes upgrading significantly less attractive. Along with the extra rack space. At least it's lighter.

I suppose that's the same for the FM3... no reason why it would be different.
Same as far as I'm aware...

What controller do you use that uses bi-directional?

I’m in the industrial automation field, most failures I run into are related to ingnorance because people don’t seem to know how to read or research anymore!!!
Same. I was with Honeywell ACS for several years and 50% of the time it was user error, 30% someone else’s equipment and 20% of the time my equipment. But it meant that you’re now stuck troubleshooting everything in the system just because you’re one of the few who can.

Last edited:
Same. I was with Honeywell ACS for several years and 50% of the time it was user error, 30% someone else’s equipment and 20% of the time my equipment. But it meant meant that you’re now stuck troubleshooting everything in the system just because you’re one of the few who can.
Fun times. I troubleshot an issue in a meeting and found the issue, but it was not my app. It was a URL getting mangled by the proxy server. The Director wanted me to "fix" perfectly good, correct, and industry standard code to prevent file names on my app from including the # character, despite me having demonstrated that it was properly encoded and the proxy server's script was munging the encoding when translating the URL. So, I was supposed to introduce added complication and impact user file naming capabilities to protect a small script error on the proxy server. I refused....

I was pulling my hair out last night on why nothing was working, OUT 1 seemed to just be dead. No movement in the bar on the OUT 1 block, I could see the signal getting it, if I hot-wired the chain to use OUT 2 or 3 it was working fine...what could it be?!?!?!?!?!

20 minutes later after I had given up, I noticed the volume pedal connected to the FC12 was fully disengaged, DOH! I learned more about what moves and what doesn't in terms of levels when trouble shooting.

I was pulling my hair out last night on why nothing was working, OUT 1 seemed to just be dead. No movement in the bar on the OUT 1 block, I could see the signal getting it, if I hot-wired the chain to use OUT 2 or 3 it was working fine...what could it be?!?!?!?!?!

20 minutes later after I had given up, I noticed the volume pedal connected to the FC12 was fully disengaged, DOH! I learned more about what moves and what doesn't in terms of levels when trouble shooting.
I use the External controllers and map the FC controllers to them, as you can set a default setting anywhere from 0% to 100% for controllers not plugged in....

Been there - I spent 30 minutes trying to configure the FM3 to take an external MIDI input before I realised I hadn’t connected any MIDI cables at all!

You're not a true Fractalite until you've done that at least once. :)

Last edited:
Yep, I am plugged in to my Axe FX for sure. No sound, or signal at all. Yep, right there. see, on the top input..... The 1st one right above the word "INST" and with the little headphone looking thingy up above it. This Axe FX is broken for sure.

I have worked on a sizeable variety of machines and equipment for a long time cause I'm an old bastard and that's what I do for a living. Even ran an ad to repair and mod tube amps during an unemployed spree awhile back. That was fun because I had guys dropping off some really great amplifiers, and of course they have to be tested. In this case, the analog to cables causing issues would be bad connections. Really the same thing, like solder joints and jacks etc. I wouldn't put it as high as 99% but bad connections definitely are the #1 cause of electrical issues. And yes, many of the bad connections over the years were caused by people. Like the tech that asked me to look at a problem, where I noted the 2 switches were connected ass backwards. Then I hear him on the phone..."I fixed it".

I had a problem with my Helix at one point, and given the symptoms, Line 6 said one of the encoders needed to be replaced. I had a shop "near' me order it, brought my unit in when it came in.

Turned out the encoder was fine, one of its connections to the board had broken.

"It's always always the cable" applies even internally. Well not a "cable" in this case but conceptually.

Last edited:
I used to work in a factory that used GM/Fanuc robot's and one day they had us cleaning the line with scrapers etc and I saw someone messing with a cable near the robot ... couple hours later were done and the line would not start, the tech said the robot was dead and needed a new motor...... I thought about it a bit and went back to the guy and mentioned the cable was tampered with I believed and 20 minutes later the line was ready to start running making Trans Am parts again.... I believe that motor was around 40k and they was about to toss it in the garbage and replace it ...... strange how a cable can do so much lol :)

Back
Top Bottom