If you have a FCB1010 did you know about this?

well got the axe, fcb1010 and axe edit all connected using 4 cables and merge on axe edit. :)

just hope it all works tomorrow as this midi shit really is choosey, well on this pute anyway.

well got the axe, fcb1010 and axe edit all connected using 4 cables and merge on axe edit. :)

just hope it all works tomorrow as this midi shit really is choosey, well on this pute anyway.

how did you connect everything, when I connect the fcb out to the axe 2, I cant get the usb to computer to fcb in to recognize on ripwerx eg. it is not connected. I have to use my um-one both in and out direct to the computer.

i have the ultra not axe2.

mines simple, axe connects to midi inA and outA, fcb connects to midi merge inB and outB. no ripwerx here either.

I put one of these Eureka Proms in my FCB1010. So far it's working great. It's set up out of the box pretty much exactly how I would want the FCB to work with the Axe.

I've got 2 FCB1010s & had I seen this before, I might not have bought the LFjr! ;) I've always wanted 10 stomps + the ability to scroll thru presets as needed. I might just get it though in the LFjr. My FCB's might be for sale (both w/UnO, one installed, one not, one modded, one not).

As far as what Stephen's programmed, I've given examples of this programming years ago (see my sig on how to program looper).

I am pretty new to this and I recently got an FCB1010. I was wondering if with the Eureka chip I can configure the bottom buttons (1 to 5) for presets and the top buttons(6 to 10) for effects on/off. I was trying to follow this forum but I got really confused. I checked Eureka website and I can't find an answer to this question. I would greatly appreciate to know if what stated above its possible. Also, if this would not be possible I was thinking on using the fcb1010 w the eureka chip as stompbox mode only and use another (simpler) midi controller to change presets only, but how would I do this? is it even possible to use 2 midi controllers for axe fx? Thanks a lot.

Last edited:
I was wondering if with the Eureka chip I can configure the bottom buttons (1 to 5) for presets and the top buttons(6 to 10) for effects on/off. ... Also, if this would not be possible I was thinking on using the fcb1010 w the eureka chip as stompbox mode only and use another (simpler) midi controller to change presets only, but how would I do this?

The EurekaPROM doesn't currently support a 'split' mode of effects & presets.

The EurekaPROM currently has different 'modes' that you scroll between using the UP & DOWN pedal.
1) In EF (Effects) Mode, you have 10 pedals used for effects on/off.
2) In Pr (Preset) Mode, you can enter in the preset you'd like. In the Programmable configuration, you can access all 384 of the Axe's presets.
3) In FP (Favorite Presets) Mode, you can store your 10 favorite presets for one-touch recall.
4) In SP (Specials) Mode, you can control the FCB jacks, and send MIDI notes.

We've gotten several requests for a 'split' EF/FP mode though (1-5 for effects on/of, 6-10 for favorite presets) - we may consider this for a new configuration for the next rev...

Cheers,
Dave
EurekaSound

@Eurekasound - how did you figure out how to write EPROM code to control the FCB? Do you have access to the original source or did you have to start from zero?

@Eurekasound - how did you figure out how to write EPROM code to control the FCB? Do you have access to the original source or did you have to start from zero?

We started from zero. An ohmmeter to figure out the schematic, an eprom emulator, and an 8051 compiler...

Cheers,
Dave

just bought it, tired, of not seeing the lights on my effects, god I hope it works, its also not fun prying that mf chip outa there!

Dave thanks a lot for the responses. lol yeah this stuff should be more open to find. I was really abt to buy the uno chip thinking it was the only one out there but the lights man! the lights! Thanks again.

Is this EUREKA PROM hands and fist above the UnO? If so- I will need to hook one up- I love the idea of 10 IA switches!!! Reviews?

Just ordered the Eureka Prom.
Will report back.

I do have the FCB1010 with the UNO chip programmed via Ripwerx in stompbox mode.
Works decently and the Wah and Vol pedals work fine.

Will see how this does. I figure for only $35 -what the heck.

I just got one to replace uno chip too. Works great! I'm not sure how it works for the axe fx2, but as stated earlier for the ultra you'll need a midi merge box to create patches while using axe-edit.

Hello, Dave here from EurekaSound! Thought I'd chime in and answer some of these questions.

First, the EurekaPROM in the PP:programmable configuration (which is best suited for Fractal gear) doesn't probe for effect state. [Note: we do have some configurations that do that, specifically for the AdrenaLinn III, and the Behringer V-Amp & Bass V-Amp series. We'd do it for Fractal too if we could find the appropriate MIDI info...] So, when entering EFfects mode, we have the pedals go into an 'unknown' state, designated by the pedal LEDs blipping every second. Once a pedal is pressed, state is remembered while you remain in EFfects mode.

Let me briefly explain the four modes of this configuration:
EF - Effects mode. Essentially each of the 10 pedals sends a different CC# with value toggling between 0 & 127. When the value sent is 0, the LED is off. When the value sent is 127, the LED is on. Before a pedal is pressed, the LED blips to let you know that the on/off state of the effects is unknown.

Pr - Preset Mode. Allows you to enter banks & presets. The layout is:
P6=Bank+ P7=Preset+100 P8=Preset+10 P9=Preset+1 P10=Send Program Change Command on any CHange
P1=Bank- P2=Preset-100 P3=Preset-10 P4=Preset-1 P5=Send Program Change Command

FP - Favorite Presets. This mode allows you to store your favorite presets by pressing&holding down the pedal. To recall the preset, just press & release.

SP - Specials. This gives access to the FCB1010 relays & also sends MIDI notes.

The page for PP:programmable config has more info. If you have more questions let me know.

Cheers,
Dave
EurekaSound!

I got eureka prom, as advertised; could someone Dave? explain to me how the numbers on the fcb correspond to the axe for presets? Also is there any way you can explain or add a looper function? or tell me how to program withthe specials part? This would be a major update. thanks.

I got eureka prom, as advertised; could someone Dave? explain to me how the numbers on the fcb correspond to the axe for presets?

The Fractal Axe series each contain 384 presets. From a MIDI standpoint these presets are arranged in 3 banks of 128 each. The mapping works like this:

Fractal Preset #.......FCB1010 Preset Display (PP Configuration) and actual Program Change command
0-127....................Bank 0, Preset 0-127
128-255.................Bank 1, Preset 0-127
256-383.................Bank 2, Preset 0-127

I know it's a little confusing to want Axe preset 140, but enter Bank 1 preset 12 - but the FCB1010 display is limited to a maximum of 199, so it could never display 200-383 anyway.

Note: I put this info on our forum page for future reference.

Also is there any way you can explain or add a looper function? or tell me how to program withthe specials part? This would be a major update. thanks.

There is a looper on the Axe FX-Ultra. Here's some info on it:
http://wiki.fractalaudio.com/index.php?title=Looper

You could set up EF mode in the PP Configuration to send those MIDI CCs.

Cheers,
Dave
EurekaSound

Last edited:
can somebody give me a quick rundown of how to hook this up with an axe standard while the standard is hooked up to a mac for axe edit with an m audio uno? i assume something will have to get hooked up to a midi thru port. is it even possible?

i can't understand midi to save my freaking life!

Back
Top Bottom