If you have a FCB1010 did you know about this?

sounds awesome Stephen, thanks. Axisman's question to me makes the eureka no better than Stephens If I understand correctly. If going from patch to patch different pedals are not lit, what is the difference?

I replied back suggesting they implement the midi feedback function. Maybe/hopefully, that'll be a future update. That would certainly sell me if they do.

To be honest...I don't know. LOL!
But I think it refers to the communication between the Axe and the FCB. I'm sure someone here can explain it so we both can fuly grasp this. Ha!

I don't think that there is way for an external device to initialize the LED's on the floor controller. That's why I'm still a fan of the Uno chip; I can program each patch in Ripwerx and program the status for each stomp however I want it.

I contacted them about a year ago about doing one for the AxeFX and they got back to me about working with them after I had sold it waiting for the II. They did get back to me prior to that though.

Personally I really do like the way that I had mine set up with the AxeFX. I had grouped multiple effects types and assigned them to one CC. For example, all overdrives, compressors were CC11 and were the first stomp. All delays were CC12 and stomp 2. BUT what I did was only set up the first block of each effect to that CC, so if I wanted to have a compressor that was on all the time and be able to kick in some dirt I'd use block 2 compressor and overdrive block 1.

I mean having a million buttons is cool, but 99% of the time I only switch one or two effects in on a given patch. I'm not going to be turning on a chorus and then a phaser and then a leslie sim one after the other. But then again I'm a simple person.

Has anyone tried this EurekaProm with their Axe yet?

I guess I still have questions after reading this thread and their web page.

I asked a couple questions in regards to the EF mode and if there is going to be an editor and here's their response:

...When going from one preset to next and that preset has a couple of effect blocks (i.e. Delay,Drive) that were stored in the "on" position, does the EF MODE RECOGNIZE THOSE EFFECTS and subsequently light up the assigned buttons for those effect blocks?
No. Currently there is no MIDI feedback in PP configuration (the config that you'd use with the Axe). What the EurekaPROM-enabled FCB does in Effects mode of PP configuration is to alternatively send CC commands of value 0 & 127 - 127 is 'on' (LED), 0 is 'off'. There is also an 'unknown' state - before a pedal has been pressed - where the LED blips.

So...... Does this mean that when you change presets in Preset Mode or Favorite Preset Mode, and then change to effects mode, that the effects are not recognized as "on" and the light is "not on"? Or is the effect "on", but the light for that switch is "not on"?

I have the uno chip now, and when I change presets, my effects are off, even if they are stored in the "on" position in my Axe.

do you have the uno chip stephen13?

ive tried transmitting your syx file but i end up with corrupted config in fcb [banks 1-8 do nothing, 9 has a few strange presets]

Has anyone tried this EurekaProm with their Axe yet?

I guess I still have questions after reading this thread and their web page.

So...... Does this mean that when you change presets in Preset Mode or Favorite Preset Mode, and then change to effects mode, that the effects are not recognized as "on" and the light is "not on"? Or is the effect "on", but the light for that switch is "not on"?

I have the uno chip now, and when I change presets, my effects are off, even if they are stored in the "on" position in my Axe.

Hello, Dave here from EurekaSound! Thought I'd chime in and answer some of these questions.

First, the EurekaPROM in the PP:programmable configuration (which is best suited for Fractal gear) doesn't probe for effect state. [Note: we do have some configurations that do that, specifically for the AdrenaLinn III, and the Behringer V-Amp & Bass V-Amp series. We'd do it for Fractal too if we could find the appropriate MIDI info...] So, when entering EFfects mode, we have the pedals go into an 'unknown' state, designated by the pedal LEDs blipping every second. Once a pedal is pressed, state is remembered while you remain in EFfects mode.

Let me briefly explain the four modes of this configuration:
EF - Effects mode. Essentially each of the 10 pedals sends a different CC# with value toggling between 0 & 127. When the value sent is 0, the LED is off. When the value sent is 127, the LED is on. Before a pedal is pressed, the LED blips to let you know that the on/off state of the effects is unknown.

Pr - Preset Mode. Allows you to enter banks & presets. The layout is:
P6=Bank+ P7=Preset+100 P8=Preset+10 P9=Preset+1 P10=Send Program Change Command on any CHange
P1=Bank- P2=Preset-100 P3=Preset-10 P4=Preset-1 P5=Send Program Change Command

FP - Favorite Presets. This mode allows you to store your favorite presets by pressing&holding down the pedal. To recall the preset, just press & release.

SP - Specials. This gives access to the FCB1010 relays & also sends MIDI notes.

The page for PP:programmable config has more info. If you have more questions let me know.

Cheers,
Dave
EurekaSound!

well got the eureka installed and the cc's in the axe changed to suit my stomp setup, and all is ok .......but

cant get connected to axe edit!

hopefully this is my problem as i dont wanna be pulling cables [axe on its own connects] .

i use the 3 cable method and do all my patch tweaking thru the edit so i really need a solution.

before i got the axe i was a stranger to midi [still am] but i cant believe what a pain in the arse it is to use! seems to work one day then the next...nothing.

jim.

arrgh, just spotted this on their site...

'Is MIDI Thru supported?

Program Changes, MIDI Control Changes, and MIDI Notes are supported with MIDI Thru. SYSEX COMMANDS ARE NOT.'

if i'd spotted that last bit i woudnt have bought this. :(

wonder if one of those small midimerge boxes would work? if not, might as well go back to the uno.

arrgh, just spotted this on their site...

'Is MIDI Thru supported?

Program Changes, MIDI Control Changes, and MIDI Notes are supported with MIDI Thru. SYSEX COMMANDS ARE NOT.'

if i'd spotted that last bit i woudnt have bought this. :(

wonder if one of those small midimerge boxes would work? if not, might as well go back to the uno.

Yeah, sorry about the Sysex commands. This was actually a conscious decision we made because in the configurations that use Sysex feedback to detect effect state (A3, Va, & Vb) we wanted to prevent sysex commands from looping and potentially causing issues. We hadn't anticipated a user wanting to bidirectionally access a device using sysex *and* control it with the FCB at the same time - but you are obviously a power user, and we want to support you.

So, we could remove that restriction in a next rev of the EurekaPROM for PP mode - would that be useful? (Curious - anyone else have a similar setup?)

In the interim a MIDI merge box will certainly do the trick. We have several customers that use the merge boxes for various reasons.

Cheers,
Dave
EurekaSound!

Eurekasound_dave, I have 2 FCBs. one is for the AxeFXII and the other is for the Axon AX100 guitar-to-MIDI controller & Yamaha Motif XS rack synth module. Will this chip work for the Axon/Yamaha?

Last edited:
I mean having a million buttons is cool, but 99% of the time I only switch one or two effects in on a given patch. I'm not going to be turning on a chorus and then a phaser and then a leslie sim one after the other. But then again I'm a simple person.

This exactly reflects the way I use FCB. A real interest to me would ability to adress directly midi messages so to be able to adress directly any parameter of the Axe. But as this might very well be hardware related, can anybody clarify if the Eureka would permit transmission of midi "strings" (or sysex commands) ?

Last edited:
Yes SYSEX commands can be of interest and resolves the issue I just mailed. But your concern is justified, better clear out before if this is dangerous for the unit as Is it absolutely secured/foolproof so that in case of erroneous sysex commands one can't damage the unit ? This clearly sounds like expert matter, also the midi exchange table as available on this site would need to be reconfirmed for the latest firmware and I suppose an update would be needed for each new firmware involving new features/amps. Sounds complicated especially for a product that is not in production anymore like the ULTRA.
How do you feel about this ?

I have not been able with eprom to connect in a circle if you will, the fcb to the axe 2 to my computer with usb back to the fcb1010; Im using a roland um-one; is this possible ? and with eureka any more or is it less possible eg. sysex deal;
Otherwise I have to constantly unplug from axe 2 when I want to edit the fcb?

Yes SYSEX commands can be of interest and resolves the issue I just mailed. But your concern is justified, better clear out before if this is dangerous for the unit as Is it absolutely secured/foolproof so that in case of erroneous sysex commands one can't damage the unit ? This clearly sounds like expert matter, also the midi exchange table as available on this site would need to be reconfirmed for the latest firmware and I suppose an update would be needed for each new firmware involving new features/amps. Sounds complicated especially for a product that is not in production anymore like the ULTRA.
How do you feel about this ?
Yes, We must practice safe sySEX! ;-)

Eurekasound_dave, I have 2 FCBs. one is for the AxeFXII and the other is for the Axon AX100 guitar-to-MIDI controller & Yamaha Motif XS rack synth module. Will this chip work for the Axon/Yamaha?

Sure, with the PP:programmable configuration you can essentially connect it to any device, or string of devices (here's a recent forum post about connecting the EurekaPROM-enabled FCB1010 to a string of devices).

Cheers,
Dave
EurekaSound!

Back
Top Bottom