If you have a FCB1010 did you know about this?

"Axe-fx" ready? Not sure I understand... Isn't even the factory EPROM "Axe-fx" read (when not talking about stompbox mode)... Does it give you the tuner as well? Is it bi-directional? Didn't find any more info via the provided link... Missed the part where it offers 10 stompboxes..

Having 10 buttons for stompbox mode would be nice.
I've got my FCB1010 programmed so that the 10 pedals in the FCB's bank 0 (zero) are all stompbox controls. The rest of the FCB's banks (1 thru 10) select patches. Bank 1 selects patches 1 thru 10, bank 2 selects patches 11 thru 20, bank 3 selects patches 21 thru 30 and so on.

I've got my FCB1010 programmed so that the 10 pedals in the FCB's bank 0 (zero) are all stompbox controls. The rest of the FCB's banks (1 thru 10) select patches. Bank 1 selects patches 1 thru 10, bank 2 selects patches 11 thru 20, bank 3 selects patches 21 thru 30 and so on.

Im trying to picture this; so how do you select the banks and patches if you are in 10 pedal mode for stompboxes?

Can you share your .syx file? I didn't realize you can do that with the UNO mod.

i too would love a copy of your .syx file.

When my FCB is on bank 0 all 10 pedals are stomp box controls. When I need to change patches I cycle thru the FCB's banks 1 thru 10. I'm not a gigging musician so I only really use bank 1 for all my playing needs here at home. Once I've selected the patch I want I go back to bank 0 to control the stomp boxes. Each pedal in bank 0 will turn it's respective effect ON or OFF but you won't have an LED to indicate whether that specific effect is ON or OFF. You just have to go by ear. If there's a way to have an LED indicator for each effect I have no idea how to do it. I'm a total noob to the world of MIDI and it took me weeks just to figure out how to program the FCB using Ripwerx. While my FCB is UnO'd I don't know if it's really necessary for the way I have it programmed. Like I said, I'm new to MIDI and the only thing I know for certain about it is how to spell it. :)

Here's how I have the pedals set up. Exp A is my wah wah and Exp B is my volume pedal. Hopefully my .syx file will be attached when I post this. I'm not real computer savvy either.

398984709.jpg

398984706.jpg

Attachments

• FCB1010 Settings MkII.syx
    2.3 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Having 10 stomps with LEDs is worth the 35$ - stomps with no LEDs is painful as I have found using the UNO chip - they are only useful for very audible effects - for more subtle effects you'll just be confused if it's on or off.

Having 10 stomps with LEDs is worth the 35$ - stomps with no LEDs is painful as I have found using the UNO chip - they are only useful for very audible effects - for more subtle effects you'll just be confused if it's on or off.

QFT

EurekaPROM works beautifully with no fuss. Just boot the FCB1010 and set it to AxeFx (PP) mode (it will default to this mode thereafter unless manually changed) and take a couple minutes of setting up midi CC#'s on the AxeFx as you see fit for stompbox mode. There's a default CC# diagram for the EF "bank" (stompbox mode) included and also available online. Really couldn't be simpler.

Stomp LEDs are a HUGE plus over UNO and full effect state/probe state may be possible if we can get the info for probe state over to the guys at Eureka Sound.

My 2 cents

would the fcb1010 editor work with this chip?
I've contacted E Sound and they tell me there is no need for an editor with their chip. After installing the chip you program it for the setup it will be used with (PP mode for Axe-FX users) when you power up the 1010 for the first time after installation. The buttons used for stomp box mode are already programmed. You just need to edit the CC numbers in your Axe-FX to match those of the pedals.

Pedal # ................ CC#
1 ............................ 65
2 ............................ 66
3 ............................ 67
4 ............................ 68
5 ............................ 69
6 ............................ 64
7 ............................ 80
8 ............................ 81
9 ............................ 82
10 .......................... 83

Last edited:
I asked a couple questions in regards to the EF mode and if there is going to be an editor and here's their response:

...When going from one preset to next and that preset has a couple of effect blocks (i.e. Delay,Drive) that were stored in the "on" position, does the EF mode recognize those effects and subsequently light up the assigned buttons for those effect blocks?
No. Currently there is no MIDI feedback in PP configuration (the config that you'd use with the Axe). What the EurekaPROM-enabled FCB does in Effects mode of PP configuration is to alternatively send CC commands of value 0 & 127 - 127 is 'on' (LED), 0 is 'off'. There is also an 'unknown' state - before a pedal has been pressed - where the LED blips.

The EurekaPROM does have three configurations that do exactly what you are saying, A3, Va, & Vb - but those are for different effects boxes. If we had info on how to 'probe' the Axe, we could implement it...

Is there going to be an editor for this?
There is no editor, just the ability to program PP configuration.

Details on PP config are here: PP: Programmable - EurekaSound!

Hope that info helps!

well ive edited stephen 13's syx file to suit my needs and ordered the chip. :)

hmm im hoping ed dixons editor loads the syx file to the fcb1010, i like it nice n easy!

Back
Top Bottom