If you edit on your front panel, watch out for jumpy knob settings!

j8stringer

Inspired
As an Ultra owner since 2009, I wanted to post this info under the Bugs folder. I did post about this in discessions and found out that others had had this issue. For two years I had been editing my Ultra from the front panel. I noticed that my Value knob was giving me numbers going up and down ( randomly ) as I would turn in one direction. At the same time my Input #1 knob would jump from L mono ( the left LED tree ) to both sides as I went to make small adjustments. I guess both were going bad, but I needed my Ultra, so I lived with it. What I didn't know is that Input #1 had bumped my Amp block input from L mono to L & R Sum and got saved along with other edits I made from the front panel.

This all came to light as I installed firmware V11 and Ax-Edit 9.191 and was able to review my Amp blocks on the computer ( hit the Advanced button ). Changing them back to L mono has made a big improvement in my tone ( much more clear and less unwanted gain & grain ). My Axe-Fx is now back in shape and my tube amps are getting a rest. If you don't use Ax-Edit, watch the front panel for the two LED trees to light up. You may need to do some editing.

Back
Top Bottom