If you could only have one amp modeled in your Axe...

Probably if it had all the modes and channels on a Mark IIC+/IV or triaxis or a dual recto.

No. Part of the reason I own one is because of all of the available amps. When I gig I have a series of amps that I have set up with the same effects chains and I choose the amp for the room and switch in stomps as I need. If this was all I did the answer would be a maybe.... even though the price of the Axe with 2 CLRs, the MFC and 2 expression pedals outweighs the price of 2 AC30s with stomps.

However, the fact that I use it for recording in a lot of different styles means it's flexibility is it's most potent asset for me.

Is that Sarcasm or are you for real?
The mastermind is better than the MFC controller that was actually made for the Axe Fx?

How's someone gonna tap dance on 22 buttons AND be able to see those little LCDs above them to see these menus you are talking about???
I'd like to see a real world demonstration of someone showing this thing of menus where switches have switches.

Dosen't make sense.

The MFC is fully assignable as well, so again what's the difference?

YjM

It's in the hyper impedance of the internal Mogami ribbon cable looms. Makes all the difference in the world. Smoooooth.

You have no actual idea what you're talking about, do you? :roll

Easy question.

Yes.

Even using one amp, how many different ways would you set it up? Different EQ, more gain, less gain, different cab, etc. Even if you are just using one amp as a pedal platform, the ease and low maintenance is worth the price of admission.

Triptik. If I were to ever do the tube thing again, that'd be the one. Add on FAS' form factor, ease of use and fx block routing, not to mention the fx themselves, yeah, I could make that move with ease. BUT I still like having the buffet of options.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yes, I would still buy it. So many great features that would cost me more if I were to buy them individually, even if it's only one amp being modeled.

And, I would choose the Splawn Quick Rod.

Kingsley D32S (but with all the channels modeled).

http://kingsleyamplifiers.com/media/
Lots of sound samples.

Not that we can't achieve these amps tones in the Axe, but this is one amp (one of many great Kingsley amps) that covers a lot of tonal ground.

Last edited:
I'd have both channels of a Bogner shiva modeled.

I never caught the add of all the amps. To be honest I've probably played maybe 10-20% of the amps modeled. I bought the axe fx ultra because I was gigging with a Bogner shiva and still wanted something that could do an Ac30 sound or a broken up fender/tweed sound. I even did crazy things like bringing a shiva and a Mesa lone star (or ac30) to gigs and a/b/y switching between them. Too many amps to haul around 4 nights a week. Add a pedalboard to the mix and that was just overkill.

Found the all in one solution in the axe fx and I get my Bogner, lone star and Ac/30 all in one hood.

Last edited:
No, not for one amp. But if i could only have a handful of amps and I had the ability to choose which ones (I'm thinking this could potentially apply to the purchase of the Axe8 under this scenario), then I most definitely would. Especially after having the XL for over a year and knowing which amps and cabs I am into. I find that different guitars sound best with varying amps & cabs, and one amp may provide good cleans and clipping sounds, maybe even mild crunch. But then you need another model for a heavier crunch or metal sounds (and THEY aren't good at cleans or clipping). So i would need some kind of a variety.

Yes, and my one choice is the "Bassman".:encouragement:

I do love hearing what amps people are bonding with, as it never ceases to amaze me. :) I can't get a single sound out of the bassman model that I like -- let alone love. But it goes to show how different we all are, and I am thankful for the variety of amps I can choose from. I think I would be thrilled if this unit only had the Marshalls and the Mesas. I can't seem to get the Voxes or the Vox-derivatives to sound good at all. They always seem a little boxy. When I get them sounding good to me, they sound more like Fenders. I need someone to come teach me how to dial up Voxes for a day, and give me a test afterwards! :D

playing in a cover band I can see experimenting but I found playing originals I was going mental changing from amp to amp. Now I only use the JTM45 and the 1987x and that one is being used for one cover song. I do have a Fender Clean and CAE clean tone.
I could have one gain amp (JTM45) but I need to have my Fender clean :)

Absolutely not. If the AFX had been designed that way, it would compare too poorly featurewise with other high end units for my use. I would likely own a Kemper and be watching the L6 Helix news (since I like the AFX style work flow better than profiles/KPA work flow and like having it work well with a traditional guitar cab) or possibly would still be into tube based rack rigs.

I want one rig that delivers best in class tones across a number of different styles and situations. There is no one amp that does this (IMHO) so one model could not either (by definition).

Back
Top Bottom