If you could only choose 1...

Matt Steele

Experienced
Amp from version 10, in the Axe FX, what would it be?

Before version 10, my favorite amp was probably FAS Lead 2. But since 10, I'm in love with the 5150 Block. The USA Pre Yellow has also become a new favorite replacing all my original love for the FAS Lead 2. But if I could only go with 1 amp, it would be the 5150 Block for me.

How about you?

up in the air at the moment.. still wrestling with the recto's.. starting to dig the 5150 III blue and red.

I have and always will dig the shiznit outta the FAS Modern. I love dem Recto-esque hybrid metul toanz.

Can't do it... I've tried the Trainwreck, Super Reverb, Fox ODS, Cameron, Dumble, Supro, Dr. Maz, Two Rock... and that's just with the stock presets. I find myself stuck on each one for a long time. Funny because I'm primarily a high gain person but I'm gravitating more into the low to mid-gain amps.

I could pick TWO, but not just one. I need a clean (pretty much any will do) and a high gain (Fryette 60M).

I keep changing all the time. Plexi 100, Cameron Atomica High or Brit Super at the moment. I can't stop going to them live. The Bandmaster for clean stuff. I've never even used a Bandmaster in my life, but that tone is killer. Same with the Nuclear Tone (aka Swart). Such a musical amp! Arrrggg!!! Too many choices!

Back
Top Bottom