If you could buy one cab pack?

A few months ago I would have said Cab Pack 13 without a doubt. But I'm absolutely loving Cab Pack 20 at the moment.

The cabs in 20 cover all the bases for my needs and there are so many options.

I like the Orange G12H30 from CabIR.eu very much. It's a very versatile package and the ratio of useful IRs is very high.

Last edited:
I am also considering cab packs, I just wondered if they are really worth it? I have no problem paying, but want to make sure they are worth the money?

Cab Packs give you so much more control over your sound which is something you can't do without them. Considering how much money us guitarists are used to spending on things like strings, pedals etc. I don't think there's anything this inexpensive that can turn your guitar sound from "pretty good" to "exactly what you want". If this is your first Cab Pack then I highly recommend something like the Zilla Cab Pack (https://shop.fractalaudio.com/ML_BULB_ZILLA_UltraRes_Cab_Pack_p/fas-801-0028.htm) which has many different speaker types so you really learn the difference between speakers and you can find your own sound. :)

I fell in the IR rabbit hole 3 years ago when I bought a bunch of cab-packs and spending weeks mixing them with cab-lab but I was never satisfied with the result. I ended up with factory cab and poweramp/cab solution

Last week I decided to try a new cab-pack and after some research I decided to go with Zilla Cab pack..
Wow that was a gamechanger for me and matched with Q7 I really thinking go revisiting the FRFR route again
The Zilla pack has so many great mixes and they work great out of the box, no need to tweak Cab-block
ML has done a really great work with this one!

I fell in the IR rabbit hole 3 years ago when I bought a bunch of cab-packs and spending weeks mixing them with cab-lab but I was never satisfied with the result. I ended up with factory cab and poweramp/cab solution

Last week I decided to try a new cab-pack and after some research I decided to go with Zilla Cab pack..
Wow that was a gamechanger for me and matched with Q7 I really thinking go revisiting the FRFR route again
The Zilla pack has so many great mixes and they work great out of the box, no need to tweak Cab-block
ML has done a really great work with this one!
Thank you so much @Se7en ! Cab Packs are just like the real life counterpart. Everyone may say that f.ex. a Mesa Oversize will be the best cabinet you can ever get and that's not far from the truth, but eventually we all have our own tastes and if you don't like that character of the real life cab chances are the IR's are not exactly what you're looking for either. That's why something like the Zilla Cab Pack pleases everyone since it has 6 drastically different but good characters that you can play around with. Personally I think I could use any of them for a really good overall guitar sound as the Zilla cabs are simply built so that they really let the speakers do their thing.

Hey, guys I'm searching to buy cab pak 20 but online at fractal i can only find 21. Sounds like the pak 20 would be good for the Marshall sounds. I'd like to also purchase the best cabs for the Friedman, Dr. Z, Matchless, and the fender amps. Yea,....a wide range.

Specifically from Fractal? Pick up the ML Greatest Hits, it's a no brainer. And then grab his Legendary free IR's that he just released plus the Greatest IR in the World which is also free. The Greatest Hits pack has a mix from every release I believe. There's AC30, Twin, lots of high gain, old Marshalls, etc.

I like the ML Legends quite a bit too. The speakers have a nice balance to them, especially the M75. I've been using the M160 version of that speaker for more classic tones or the M75-H75 mix for more modern. I bet the M75 would be nice for Fender and Vox too.

My current favorite is ML Diezel 4x12. The V30 mixes are awesome. I use it both with 5153 and Boutique 1.

Specifically from Fractal? Pick up the ML Greatest Hits, it's a no brainer. And then grab his Legendary free IR's that he just released plus the Greatest IR in the World which is also free. The Greatest Hits pack has a mix from every release I believe. There's AC30, Twin, lots of high gain, old Marshalls, etc.

I like the ML Legends quite a bit too. The speakers have a nice balance to them, especially the M75. I've been using the M160 version of that speaker for more classic tones or the M75-H75 mix for more modern. I bet the M75 would be nice for Fender and Vox too.
Thanks, I'll pick up that ML Greatest Hits.
Seems really complicated, from your comment "Specifically from Fractal? " I'm guessing a bunch of 3rd parties are making these also. Might take me some time to finger this out :)

Where can I get the Free cabs you mentioned "Legendary free IR's that he just released plus the Greatest IR in the World which is also free." ? thx in advance :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom