If the III was 2U (or 1U!!!) I would have ordered one by now

I'd have ordered one if it was a floor unit like AX8. I'm just not gonna haul around a rack anymore.

If I only played at home then sure. Bigger screen, more IO. Why not!

I'm old and arthritic.
The form factor is one of my major concerns.
I use a shallow 4U rack right now with a II, a GT1000 and a power strip.
On most of my gigs (jazz gigs), stage space for me is minimal and I don't even have room allotted to me for the 4U rack plus a cab, so I use a combo amp instead.
I'd like to use the Axe rig more often but it's already too much to lug around as it is with the II.

If I ditched the power strip (it's not even a conditioner) and just plugged the 2 AC lines (a III + GT1000) into a power bar I guess I'd be OK.
But then there's more shit to plug in/out every time I set up/tear down.
I'm also a whiner.

So, I'm waffling.
But I'd would have gotten myself on the waitlist by now if the III was only 2U.

My III-envy GAS is expanding daily.

I'm old and arthritic.
On most of my gigs (jazz gigs), stage space for me is minimal and I don't even have room allotted to me for the 4U rack plus a cab, so I use a combo amp instead.
I'd like to use the Axe rig more often but it's already too much to lug around as it is with the II.

If I ditched the power strip (it's not even a conditioner) and just plugged the 2 AC lines (a III + GT1000) into a power bar I guess I'd be OK.
I'm also a whiner.

So, I'm waffling.

I put my power strip in the back top slot which holds my wireless unit. They were both shallow enough to fit in IU back to back. Just a thought...

I'm old and arthritic.

I'm also a whiner.

So, I'm waffling.

Joe, I ditched my full-blown rig, and put the III in a 3U SKB shallow case. It's light and portable.
I don't need a 4th rack unit because I replaced my Matrix with the excellent Seymour Duncan PS 170.

Waiting for the floor version. 3 space rack/controller is way too big for giging/ rehearsals. I need to take all my stuff in one go and i dont want to be exhausted by the time i reach the stage or rehearsal space.

Being shorter opens up more case options we didn't have with the II. The weight is the same so I don't feel it's too much of a compromise.

I like the overall form factor of the 3 much more than the 2. Taller and shallower works great for me.

Austin

Joe, I ditched my full-blown rig, and put the III in a 3U SKB shallow case. It's light and portable.
I don't need a 4th rack unit because I replaced my Matrix with the excellent Seymour Duncan PS 170.

170 watts is nowhere near enough for what I do.
And on most jazz gigs I wouldn't have any pedals on the floor anyway.
Maybe just a Vol Block controller via the Axe's Pedal jack.
So, not for me.
But thanks.

WOW! It really is not that big people. I'm blown away how it sounds more like a head and a 4 x 12 than the 3 AX FX II's in my studio. And the effects are stellar along with the increased DSP. The 3 with a Matrix into a stereo Carvin 4 x 12 is AMAZING!

WOW! It really is not that big people. I'm blown away how it sounds more like a head and a 4 x 12 than the 3 AX FX II's in my studio. And the effects are stellar along with the increased DSP. The 3 with a Matrix into a stereo Carvin 4 x 12 is AMAZING!

Bwaaaahhhhh!!!!

Personally, I wish it was 4 units tall and had more lights (seriously), but I signed up for the wait list anyway.

I put my power strip in the back top slot which holds my wireless unit. They were both shallow enough to fit in IU back to back. Just a thought...
I'm very interested in this option . Do you have any pics you could share ? Thanks so much .

I'm very interested in this option . Do you have any pics you could share ? Thanks so much .

Putting the III in the case tomorrow. I'll take some pics when I do.

My wireless G90 is shallow enough to allow for the 3 inches or so the power strip required. My case has rails on the back end so it was a no brainer to use the space left over by the wireless as I didn't want to waste a IU space simply for a power strip. Previously I had the II and a RME UFX residing in the space now reserved for the III.

Waiting for the floor version. 3 space rack/controller is way too big for giging/ rehearsals. I need to take all my stuff in one go and i dont want to be exhausted by the time i reach the stage or rehearsal space.

This made my eyes go big for a moment.

We used to have 10+ space racks and pedalboard to rule it all + 4x12's (stereo!), or a hugely heavy combo + pedalboard, or a head, cabs, pedalboard.

Now we have a 3U unit and 12 button pedal controller, and that's too much?

I find all this frankly ridiculous. You have the most versatile music creation product in the world, and the complaint is that it's not 1U?

I wonder how someone who gigs for 3 hours complains about having to make 2 trips to the car to get their gear.

I'm sorry if that sounds sharp, but to me it's like the folks who used to complain that they couldn't get their cabs in Purple Tolex...cause it sounds better. Perhaps someday all we'll have to do is place our phones near the PA Mixer, and all our tones will be supplied through the cloud...patches changed by eye movement.

IMO.
R

Back
Top Bottom