If the EV-2 is connected as an expression pedal can it be used as a volume pedal?

When I connect the EV-2 using a TRS cable to the pedal 1 input, and the guitar is connected to input 1, can I still use the EV-2 as volume pedal or do I have to use 2 instrument cables, 1 into the pedal, and 1 out of the pedal and then into input 1 to use it as a volume pedal?

When I connect the EV-2 using a TRS cable to the pedal 1 input, and the guitar is connected to input 1, can I still use the EV-2 as volume pedal or do I have to use 2 instrument cables, 1 into the pedal, and 1 out of the pedal and then into input 1 to use it as a volume pedal?
From the EV manual....
"Do NOT use Expression and Volume functions at the same time or ground loops can occur."

Even If you could use the 'physical' volume pedal function of the EV-2 and the expression pedal function at the same time, the volume pedal would always be active, preventing you from using it as an expression pedal without the volume also being affected.

You best bet is to use it as an expression pedal. You can set it up to be whatever you want it to be, once you get your head wrapped around how it works. Or get a second pedal.. One dedicated to volume, and the other for everything else.

It can control Volume if you use a Volume block in the preset. Don’t use the analog volume connections on the pedal itself.

From the EV manual....
"Do NOT use Expression and Volume functions at the same time or ground loops can occur."

Even If you could use the 'physical' volume pedal function of the EV-2 and the expression pedal function at the same time, the volume pedal would always be active, preventing you from using it as an expression pedal without the volume also being affected.

You best bet is to use it as an expression pedal. You can set it up to be whatever you want it to be, once you get your head wrapped around how it works. Or get a second pedal.. One dedicated to volume, and the other for everything else.

Good to know! Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom