If Dweezil Can Do It ... So Can You! :)

smcrosby

Power User
Hi folks,

Hey there is another thread on the Forum that points to an excellent video interview of Dweezil Zappa by Tom Quayle that goes through Dweezil's AXE FX II rig with an array external drive pedals like Tom's signature pedal the Wampler Dual Fusion, thanks to the substantial headroom in the amazing AXE FX II. :)

I have always shared Dweezil's perspective (though I did not know it until yesterday) that changing your (guitar's) voice, even subtly, will determine how you play, your next note choices, your style, your phrasing, all of it, inspired by the fresh voice you just morphed into when you stomped on that favorite drive box and receive a fresh jolt of tonal inspiration! :D

GUITAR INTERACTIVE ISSUE 23 <= see Dual Fusion integration @ 11:25

Request: if you folks are plugging external drive pedals into your AXE, can you post some screenshots and presets so we younger Fractalites can assess the best practices for positioning the FX loop in the AXE signal chain. And maybe you talk a bit about problems and solutions, if any, in integrating external drive pedals into the AXE signal chain. :encouragement:

I - for one - would really like to plug my Dual Fusion pedal into my AXE/MFC rig and take it for a test ride through FAS factory and user presets this weekend. :)

I'm running probably even more pedals than Dweezil in front of my Axe. I believe in the same idea as he does apparently. pretty sure the Axe could do some/most of them (have't even tried to dial them in), but why not use my pedals as well to get a different voice ? yes the Axe is the brain of my rig, but that doesn't mean I can't use anything else...

Anyone putting the pedal in the middle of the AXE grid using AXE's FX loop?

I am trying to assess the separate pros and cons of sticking the actual pedals before the AXE guitar input and in the middle of the virtual chain and any best practices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone putting the pedal in the middle of the AXE grid using AXE's FX loop?

I am trying to assess the separate pros and cons of sticking the actual pedals before the AXE guitar input and in the middle of the virtual chain and any best practices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pedals in front only. got some other rack gear in the loop.

Back
Top Bottom