If anybody needs a new 100 W stereo power amp, Carvin has a deal.....

bradlake

Axe-Master
As part of their liquidation of Bidness sale. Carvin Audio just lowered the price on their TS 100 tube amp...612$ with holiday discount....and a bunch of other stuff as well......(hope I didn’t buy a lemon...never actually heard one of these..)

I have one of their power amps, a guitar amp, and several guitars. Carvin always had great value, very well made. They've been around since the 40s, and really moved to the forefront in the 70s. I'm not sure what killed them off so quickly now. Maybe Jeff wants to make only Kiesels these days. I just hate to see one of the few respected direct to musician sound equipment manufacturers go silent.

I have one of their power amps, a guitar amp, and several guitars. Carvin always had great value, very well made. They've been around since the 40s, and really moved to the forefront in the 70s. I'm not sure what killed them off so quickly now. Maybe Jeff wants to make only Kiesels these days. I just hate to see one of the few respected direct to musician sound equipment manufacturers go silent.

Yeah,my man Frank Zappa used his audio stuff extensively live....

Carvin stuff is great.
I had in the pre Axe setup, their Quad-X for years, great preamp.

If someone is looking for an alternative to the Matrix GT amps in terms of $$$, weight and power, you can consider the lil DCM200L, its only 4 lbs (1.8 kg) and can power 60W a side or up to 200W when bridged to mono.
Its also VERY quiet (no fan).

I used it for some time back than until I got the Matrix, I powered a 4x12 with it, even gigged with it few times, it can hold a gig in a small venue and does the job very well, very cheap as well.

Carvin became two companies when Mark and Jeff took over the guitar division as its own company (Kiesel), and Pro Audio remained under the control and ownership of Jeff's uncle as Carvin. The two companies are now completely unrelated. I don't know why Carvin decided to call it quits.

Carvin became two companies when Mark and Jeff took over the guitar division as its own company (Kiesel), and Pro Audio remained under the control and ownership of Jeff's uncle as Carvin. The two companies are now completely unrelated. I don't know why Carvin decided to call it quits.
From what I've read it's because the brother running the gear side of the business wants to retire and couldn't find anyone he trusted to take the reigns. But on the guitar side Jeff has stepped up and will run the guitar division when his dad steps down.

As part of their liquidation of Bidness sale. Carvin Audio just lowered the price on their TS 100 tube amp...612$ with holiday discount....and a bunch of other stuff as well......(hope I didn’t buy a lemon...never actually heard one of these..)
The big knock on that amp is that it's not nearly as loud as a 100 watt amp should be, can't say myself because I don't have one. I do have at least a half dozen of their SS PA amps as well as three or four guitar amps and at least eight of their guitars. Great gear at a very reasonable price, it's sad to see them go.

The big knock on that amp is that it's not nearly as loud as a 100 watt amp should be, can't say myself because I don't have one. I do have at least a half dozen of their SS PA amps as well as three or four guitar amps and at least eight of their guitars. Great gear at a very reasonable price, it's sad to see them go.
I figured, but I really don't need loud.

That makes sense, I haven't kept up with them as much recently. All in all, I guess it's at least encouraging to hear they didn't go under, but rather chose a different direction (or retirement).

Back
Top Bottom