IEM Systems-What do you use/recommend?

So I've just done some further experimenting after continuing to be a bit frustrated with the sound I am getting out of my IEM system.

I've found that my Axe Fx tones via the 1964ears V6s IEMs sounds really good out of the Axe Fx headphone jack, and also sounds almost exactly the same via the headphone jack on the DL32R mixer... But coming out of either the headphone jack of my Audio Technica M3 or the wireless receiver, it sounds nowhere near as good.

Now, I guess I could understand if companding were affecting the wireless tone, but that shouldn't (I think) effect the sound at the headphone jack of the transmitter unit?

Does anyone have experience with the M3 compared to other units? I'm tired of compromising my tone...

I had my first rehearsal with my Shure SE535s yesterday, so no I can say
  1. The in-ear monitors (IEMs): Shure SE535 (soon with custom ear molds)
  2. The transmission system: Shure PSM300 Premium
  3. The monitor mixer: Mackie DL32r
Very satisfied. :):)

EDIT: Got my custom molds yesterday. Initially, they feel good. I look forward to trying them at a gig next weekend.

Last edited:
No - before I went wireless, I had a cable sock from my board carrying guitar signal and in-ear signal. I had the Rolls PM-351 on the board as a more-me monitor mixer and a headphone amp - Worked great, it just wasn't wireless.

(If I am being 100% truthful, I still have the cable sock and I have a PSM300, I just don't use the cable sock anymore)

Back
Top Bottom