IEM Stereo Mix

Jipps0525

Power User
I use a Shure PSM300 in ear system with my FM3 and a Soundcraft Ui24R mixer system. I’ve read the shure manual and looked online but not finding much. I’m still confused on how to achieve a stereo mix within my In ear system. Right now everything comes out of both ears at once and I’ve heard stereo is the way to go ultimately but I don’t really get how to do that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Well you need 2 aux sends one hard left and right, and set your psm300 to stereo mode, and pan the instruments how ever you want. Thats the cliff notes version. And yes it is the way to go, it is way less congested than a mono mix where everything is fighting right up the middle.

So I need 2 aux sends to two different inputs on the back of the psm300 transmitter ? And then somehow in the mixer I have to assign each input to two separate channels?

So I need 2 aux sends to two different inputs on the back of the psm300 transmitter ? And then somehow in the mixer I have to assign each input to two separate channels?
Yep, that's what stereo is... two independent channels.;)

That mixer should be more than capable. 'Link' the two Aux channels making them a stereo pair. Then that Aux (pair) will have it's own independent stereo mix, where you can adjust the level of each channel (and it's pan position?), separate from the main or any other Aux mix (try 'Sends on Faders'). And it can be saved with that preset/mix/scene or whatever it's called on the Soundcraft units. And also copied and pasted to other existing presets/mixes/scenes/ etc....

Last edited:
The Soundcraft manual explains this pretty well in section 4.3. Linking 2 aux channels will give you a stereo pair. Connect these channels to your PSM300 left and right, set the MONO/Stereo MX switch on the back to Stereo MX and make sure your pack is set to Stereo.

Back
Top Bottom