Idiots

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
The gearbox in our snowblower blew out last year. Had the idiots up the street fix it. Put it away for the season. I get it out this morning and it's simply not working right. I had my son hold down the auger handle and it became painfully obvious what the problem was. They put the augers on backwards.

Gotta love idiots. I'll go you one better. I am one of the hold outs who still maintains a land line although it is VOIP through Spectrum. Everytime there is a rain, my phone snaps, crackles and pops to the point where conversation is impossible. Water getting into the line outside somewhere right? So I call Spectrum and they tell me, "We have to rewire your interior house wiring first to be sure that is not the cause". Hmmm......when it rains, my house does not leak, thank goodness. No fix your line!

You mean, you didn’t TELL them to put them on right when you took it to them? It’s got to be your fault! ;)

The gearbox in our snowblower blew out last year. Had the idiots up the street fix it. Put it away for the season. I get it out this morning and it's simply not working right. I had my son hold down the auger handle and it became painfully obvious what the problem was. They put the augers on backwards.

They spend too much time sniffing gas fumes.

It's hard to find competent repair people for this stuff. My go-to guy is probably close to retirement age, shop looks a disaster, but when I order parts or ask him to fix something, he does it properly.

I take my snow thrower, chainsaw, mower, et, al to a local John Deere dealer. They've fixed everything I've thrown at them--from a dirty Stihl
chainsaw to a Craftsman Chinese-made snow blower to a Huscqvarna commercial walkbehind with a broke spindle bearing to an Ariens starter that
I took apart myself and couldn't get back together. Them guys are good. Never failed me. I hope your guys are good, too.

Thread subject could apply to so, so, so many things these days. :D

I'm driving to work every day now instead of taking transit so I put a nice camera setup on it. The stuff I capture daily on the road as I commute. "Idiots" applies well.

Having the snow blower fail on a day like today makes for a very unpleasant morning. I was so thankful that I got mine to run yesterday after some tinkering. The driveway would have been a 3 hour job if I had to shovel it all.

My 98 Camry transmission needed a rebuild. Took it to the ghetto shop to save cash as it had 250k on it. I pick it up and take it on the highway and after 20 miles the car dies will not move. I tow it back and jack it up myself in front of shop door and show the owner the tech forgot to fill the differential. On this car the trans and the differential fill separately. 20 miles on differential with little to no fluid. So they had to rebuild the differential and pay for the tow. Lol Idiots!

I guess like your auger directions I was supposed to explain that.

Total bummer with paying for the blower fix and broke on snow day 1. Maybe spray paint direction on side of the blower housing or sharpee marker on the techs hands.

I take my snow thrower, chainsaw, mower, et, al to a local John Deere dealer. They've fixed everything I've thrown at them--from a dirty Stihl
chainsaw to a Craftsman Chinese-made snow blower to a Huscqvarna commercial walkbehind with a broke spindle bearing to an Ariens starter that
I took apart myself and couldn't get back together. Them guys are good. Never failed me. I hope your guys are good, too.
It was a John Deere dealer that "fixed" it. IIRC they charged me over $2K to replace the gearbox and the carburetor.

They took you for a sucker.

Yes .... it's corny .... I have songs to rehearse and under pressure!

Damn snow blowers. spent 3 hrs. on mine this morning. finally figured out the piston was frozen up. Pulled the spark plug, cranked it over and over. cleaned the sludge out of the top of the piston, put the spark plug back and voila. Then another 3 hrs of snow removal. Told the wife and kids the rest of my day is booked with an Atomica and a 4x12 ax gb.:)

What's a snowblower? :cool:
This ^^^^^
20191202_140138.jpg

Back
Top Bottom