Idiots

And people get paid for that... (free market saya "not for long!")

The gearbox in our snowblower blew out last year. Had the idiots up the street fix it. Put it away for the season. I get it out this morning and it's simply not working right. I had my son hold down the auger handle and it became painfully obvious what the problem was. They put the augers on backwards.

That’s funny. The mechanic that slapped it back together probably was under the wire to “hurry up and get it done , because we’ve got 8 more repairs that need to get done by tomorrow”.
@FractalAudio ( can you really ever have a long enough driveway ? )
I think this hit you hard because 1.) they likely charged you about $90 per hour ( for a $15 dollar an hour mechanic ) , and 2.) your business sense tells you to make sure what you’re selling or wanting money for - is ready to go BEFORE it goes out the door.
I’m confident that FM3 units aren’t going to show up at doorsteps with the screens installed backwards. ( unless you’ve hired your local John Deere dealership to help you get things moving along a little faster ). Lol

My favorite snow blower story.

My father was an aerospace engineer. Designed and built many ballistic and space motors. He could plot a course to Jupiter in his head but couldn’t put a screw in a wall without destroying half the house.

Northern Utah, tons of snow. He finally breaks down and buys a big 2 stage snow thrower. Gets it home, can’t start it. Must be frozen or seized so obvious solution is to go at it with hammer and blow torch. Mom has a fit and makes him load it on the trailer and take it back to salesman.

Salesman takes one look and turns key (that my dad didn’t notice) to run, then pushes starter button, starts right up.

He then tells my dad “ you don’t need to be a rocket scientist to start this thing.”

My dad with a totally strait face replies “but I am a rocket scientist.”

They both cracked up.

The gearbox in our snowblower blew out last year. Had the idiots up the street fix it. Put it away for the season. I get it out this morning and it's simply not working right. I had my son hold down the auger handle and it became painfully obvious what the problem was. They put the augers on backwards.
You put the augers on backwards for summer use lol

It's a pro model. We have a LONG driveway.

I paid $1,800 for a brand new walk behind John Deere 32D - 20 years ago - works like a dream. I live in Iowa, and my steep, 2 lane driveway faces west (where most of the wind comes from the Northwest in the Winter).
When I bought the house, the previous owner asked, "Do you have a snowblower?"
I said, "No."
He said,"You'd better get one!"
It was sound advice!

3feaf360e7aa0137ce8e005056a9545d

https://assets.amuniversal.com/3feaf360e7aa0137ce8e005056a9545d

That's the build a snowman quick mod :)

It was a John Deere dealer that "fixed" it. IIRC they charged me over $2K to replace the gearbox and the carburetor.
/QUOTE]

Wow! Sorry to hear that. My post is a true story. I took my Huscqvarna mower with the bad spindle and loose belts to a Husc... dealer, and
they botched the job big time -- let it sit in their yard for a month and didn't touch it. Sooo, I can sympathize and empathize with your's and
others posts. Haven't been back to he Husky place since and don't ever plan to. I actually had my doubts about them but went there because
they're much closer (2 mi v 10) than the J.D. place and they are (for this area) a fairly large operation. Just goes to show me what a crap shoot
repair mechanics are.

Back
Top Bottom