Ideal vs Authentic

Maybe this is an Axe-Fx 3 feature? I seem to have to go to the Advanced tab on the FM3 hardware UI to see the options that are not shown in authentic mode.

Does the Advanced tab show the same parameters as the ideal tab in FM3-edit? if so, it's just a naming thing - probably worth mentioning in the FM3-edit section.

Does the Advanced tab show the same parameters as the ideal tab in FM3-edit? if so, it's just a naming thing - probably worth mentioning in the FM3-edit section.
It does from what I can tell. The UI has enough tabs as it is on the hardware so I don't really mind too much. I would rather throw away the Power Supply tab to the depths of Advanced.

Authentic is my ideal, ideal might still be authentic enough to you:)

I would start with Authentic just to keep it simple (is more) and if you miss smth in your tone which you can’t fix with authentic amp controls, dive deeper into ideal page. Probably you are getting 10th time the same advice, and on axe you will find 10s of different ways to achieve things.

Once consideration to think about with choosing (or reason to temporarily change your setting):

From wiki:

IMPORTANT: if "Tone Control Display" in the Global menu is set to AUTHENTIC instead of IDEAL (Axe-Fx III and FM3), a "soft" reset of the Amp block will also reset Bass, Middle and Treble to their default values!

Once consideration to think about with choosing (or reason to temporarily change your setting):

From wiki:
I think the due to later updates this may now happen regardless of the Ideal vs Authentic setting (at least for Axe Fx III).

However, I've been using Authentic for a long time so can't confirm based on my own recent experience.

I think the due to later updates this may now happen regardless of the Ideal vs Authentic setting (at least for Axe Fx III).

However, I've been using Authentic for a long time so can't confirm based on my own recent experience.
I only recently discovered this (and tested it) on the Cygnus beta so I believe it still works this way

Back
Top Bottom